Esteemed Contributor

Re: Porch + Colorful Trim and Accents

From a structural point of view this veranda has good bones. I'm neutral about the color of the door/window trim and ceiling and I like the green bamboo chairs. But it is no secret I do not like the color royal blue, so I would have to replace all the furniture.

And then I don't know if it is because our rugged winter's follow fall, but I am not a fan of all that fall foliage and coloring. It kind of screams "Michael's" to me. 

The lamps and accessories need to go to Salvation Army stat.😕

Esteemed Contributor

Love it love it love it!

Honored Contributor

I like the colors, but I would opt for a neutral toned rug and different lamps.....Those lamps would scare me! lol!

Esteemed Contributor

Love this!  I'd definitely change out the lamps though and a minor issue would be that I don't care for the shade of the ceiling and doors.  I'd probably redo them....not sure what color though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I think its too crowded and the bright colors of furniture clash with the paint color on the ceiling....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Appealing and colorful, but the table lamps disturb the mood, and I would have to change them out.  Also perhaps the sculpture (?).   Otherwise, it's the kind of charming, piazza-like space that invites day-long lingering...