Esteemed Contributor

Kathy Kuo.jpg

Rooms with lots of natural light make me smile--bonus if there's a place to put my feet up. 😊

But I could do without the furry throw, wall sconces, and wall art; would like a "happier" rug and not sold on the chandalier.  I would have fun decorating this room.

--design by Kathy Kuo

Honored Contributor

I get why the dining room would appeal but despite often liking an eclectic look, I guess I'm just too much of a traditionalist. I also am not big on whimsy, and so the mix of colors, patterns and chairs just isn't for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Not my style. The furniture & light fixture are too rustic and that’s too many mixed prints for me. 

@jeanlake 

Most sunroom or outdoor porch pictures make me smile. 

Respected Contributor

Love the dining room and this style of decor.

Super Contributor

For some reason I can picture chef Nigella Lawson and her friends having a delicious meal in that dining room. LOL must remind me of an episode I watched? .Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Polished Bohemian Decor

[ Edited ]

I love the rustic elements of this room---the table, and chair frames, the chandelier, even the floral arrangement fits nicely with that look---the bright colored chairs are different.....but they might be just a tad too much, maybe have the end chairs be colorful....and the rest the color of that blue bowl....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Pinterest can read my heart's desires exactly when it comes to romantic settings. I like a social media that knows what I want. just like i like my men. www.birthofvenuscoaching.com

We had dinner at a beautiful winery a few years ago. The outdoor setting was very similar to this picture. Every time I think about it I smile..it was magical.

Honored Contributor

Makes me wish, throughout the years,  I would have stopped and picked up various old chairs along streets in our neighborhood...........and white-washed them.  Drats............

'Oh, well', I'm sure that those who picked them up,  painted and/or refinished them and are happy!

The early bird gets the worm.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan 

I also love this room & I ditto your comments about the accessories.  I would also add, I'd do without the drapes.  Replace them with some sort of blinds.

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the rooms you shared and can see the happy. Outdoor scene was special. I could only do eclectic Bohemian in one room as I'm more polished casual or transitional for other rooms. I do love a great sunroom or courtyard.

When inheriting grandmother's ninety year old dining table in 1995, the chairs were rickety so I spent months trying to find the right new chairs. Each family member had a different opinion on style, so each member selected their favorite chair. I had six different chairs around the table. I don't get much more eclectic than that but do see the fun in it. My son asked for the table when I move and love it that his young family is enjoying it. He kept the mis-matched chairs.            

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau