Honored Contributor

Re: Please finish decorating

I found this photo with a picture above the fireplace. You are right, it wasn't complete.  Although it does seem they like things sparse.

Also below is the dining area to the right.

Dining room - Italian Villa in Glencoe, IL custom built by Tara Designer Homes featuring Architectural Windows and Doors manufactured by Classic Windows Inc in Libertyville, IL.  Visit us at www.ClassicWindowsInc.com to learn more.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I found this photo with a picture above the fireplace. You are right, it wasn't complete.  Although it does seem they like things sparse.

Also below is the dining area to the right.

Dining room - Italian Villa in Glencoe, IL custom built by Tara Designer Homes featuring Architectural Windows and Doors manufactured by Classic Windows Inc in Libertyville, IL.  Visit us at www.ClassicWindowsInc.com to learn more.

@GingerPeach 

Thanks for finding these! 

Honored Contributor

This picture reminds me of our current house because there is not ONE picture up and I LOVE it!

This house has bigger rooms and lots of long windows like the house pictured.  I love the calm of not having stuff hanging up.  

Hubby keeps trying to hang up things and I put it back in the closet.  Then he remembers, drags them out, I drag my feel on where to put them and the cycle begins again!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course, something over the fireplace is an improvement, but to me, the windows still need some kind of treatment and the potential to cover them, regardless of the level or privacy or sun streaming in... It's just a personal thing... The room still seems sparse, which is fine if that's what one likes, but as was noted, anyone sitting in either of those chairs has no capacity to set down a drink or anything else... The chairs are a mile apart and at the very least each one might be paired with a garden stool or some other small table... It is a lovely space but the decor needs tweaking...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

The furniture looks uncomfortable, fireplace needs decor and put something on those windows!  I can't stand bare windows, especially at night.  I draw the curtains when it gets dark.  I don't want to look at a dark, black hole.

Honored Contributor

08E9680E-0C19-4682-AD1B-291F1FCBCB73.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I'm a huge fan of loads of windows for the natural light.  These windows are beautiful.  I'd need to hire a window washer - too much for me.  Maybe get custom window treatments for function as well as a pop of color.

I do like the overall space.  We just can't see the complete view to offer a thought on the right side.  The living room could use some more color, but as is, I'd be comfy there.

With the windows having no privacy, I hope the property is private.

@wilma  Thank you for posting all these pics.

Honored Contributor

Such a pretty room!

I like looking at it as is especially because of all the pretty windows.

For comfort I might add a soft thick throw rug one or 2 and a bookcase

and a mantle.

Also the chairs and everywhere you sit would have to have someplace to put my cocktail darling!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

This is a totally non functional room to me.  No lamps or tables.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

This is a totally non functional room to me.  No lamps or tables.  

@depglass 

My DH would say the same thing. Not enough lamps & light. There is a floor lamp but not really enough for such a large room.