Honored Contributor

I love the kitchen and yard.

Placing a light on either side of the sink is clever and practical.

I love wood that doesn't look perfect, yet finished. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I love this. Definitely a home you might see in New England or the northeast. I am a big fan of what I call “updated traditional.” I would love to see more of the interior.

We just updated the kitchen and bathrooms in our older home and I was determined to honor the feel of our older home while adding newer finishes. I am so happy with the results.

Honored Contributor

I love it as is. It is inviting, warm, attractive, and functional....love the windows and patio.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb This home has curb appeal and looks like it has good bones.  It is truly the epitome of American classic at its best.

Esteemed Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

I love this. Definitely a home you might see in New England or the northeast. I am a big fan of what I call “updated traditional.” I would love to see more of the interior.

We just updated the kitchen and bathrooms in our older home and I was determined to honor the feel of our older home while adding newer finishes. I am so happy with the results.

@nevergivesup 

Ha, interesting that you would say this as I live in the Gulf South and was thinking that this looks like a lot of houses in my area.  So I guess this style is popular in very different parts of the country.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

@nevergivesup 

Ha, interesting that you would say this as I live in the Gulf South and was thinking that this looks like a lot of houses in my area.  So I guess this style is popular in very different parts of the country.

That is interesting. I know in the past when we traveled through the country I was often surprised to see what I thought were typical New England type homes in other parts of the country.

I appreciate many different architectural styles even if I wouldn't choose them for myself. That is why I enjoy this thread so much and am grateful to the posters who take the time to post the photos.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

@nevergivesup 

That is interesting. I know in the past when we traveled through the country I was often surprised to see what I thought were typical New England type homes in other parts of the country.

I appreciate many different architectural styles even if I wouldn't choose them for myself. That is why I enjoy this thread so much and am grateful to the posters who take the time to post the photos.

@nevergivesup  @shoesnbags  Just as an FYI, this home is in Alabama!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

@nevergivesup 

@nevergivesup  @shoesnbags  Just as an FYI, this home is in Alabama!

@stevieb 

Ah ha!  What part of Alabama?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Just love everything about it.

Respected Contributor

Yes and yes. I like it just as it is. I especially love the wood on the kitchen cabinets. I wonder what kind it is.