Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic artificial plants

@Carmie   Oh my, that is amazing! I so feel for you. I don't even know what to say to help you out except maybe a bow and arrow - oh no, just kidding.

Really, this is just so disheartening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I ordered two of yesterday's tsv.  We'll see how they are or if I need to return them.  This is my first attempt at fake hanging baskets. 

The reason.......don't have the urge to water them every day with water puddling on my porch and too old to be climbing up to water them. 

Yes, I know you can get some gadget that you can just pull them down and push them back up.  Don't want to mess w/that either.

I will definitely bring them in when the weather turns so I can use them again, just as I do with my lanterns.

Respected Contributor

Roger Hazard on the DABL channel hates plastic flowers and greenery. He tosses them. Sadly many young people today claim they are too busy to tend to plants so they purchase fake looking greenery from China. I know I have tossed many pieces of fake ivy I had after Roger on "Sell this House" made it known that we should toss it.

Honored Contributor

@Reever   Your tossed faux plants because Roger Hazard made it known they we should toss them because he hates them?

I hope you're kidding and are not that gullible.  Would you jump off of a bridge if he advised you to?

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Shoot !! I say use what you want in YOUR yard. It's not hurting the neighbors at all. The plants don't yell, curse, cry or scream.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

We have the same thing and have huge trees and full flowerbeds. Our pond even goes over our easement. My husbands shed as well. 

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Shoot !! I say use what you want in YOUR yard. It's not hurting the neighbors at all. The plants don't yell, curse, cry or scream.

@pattypeep  Lol! How true. Since the flowers are silk they probably aren't as frowned upon as plastic. In fact close up you can tell they aren't real. Good investment.