Respected Contributor

@mimomof4     Thank you very much. The vintage ornaments on the wreath, were collected and bought from Etsy. Only the ornaments on the front are vintage.

Honored Contributor

The pink and white tree is very pretty.  Your wreaths are beautiful and what a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing your decorations!

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff  That tree and wreath are beautiful.  You did a wonderful job.

I am not a Christmas person, haven't had a tree since 2000, but your tree might change me.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Thank you very much. With my five children grown up, I no longer

wanted to put up and decorate a large Christmas tree.

I was ready for something different and smaller.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff   I was telling my daughter about your tree and wreath when she called earlier, will show her when she gets home.  She will love it too.

She said she can see Petunia, 3 year old cat who thinks EVERYTHING is her toy, making it to the top of the tree.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. 

Trusted Contributor

OHHHH, I love pastel colors for Christmas and that wreath is to die for!!!

I love it so much!!!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

Re: Pink & White Christmas

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT    I forgot to mention before, that I found a Fleur de Lis ornament on Etsy and it is in the 11:00 position on the wreath. The ones that I made for my children, each has a Fleur de

Lis ornament, a little different from mine. Just a little reminder of

our French heritage.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff, What a lovely and thoughtful touch!  Not at all surprised!  

A while back, I discovered that Jim Shore produced Santas

attired in costumes of different countries.  I bought one large one, and the remaining 4 are smaller.  He made one for so many countries, and they seem to be offered fairly often on EBay, where I purchased them.  They are so well made and 

not expensive.  I have the four little ones on my mantle in our family room. with a couple little sheep and Luminara lanterns

that were made to look like pineapples.  They were bought several years ago, and I just love them.  We bought a cute barn in snow print for the winter to hang there. a very casual, lived in room

Take care and love to the talented Donna!

Pam

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT   Your Jim Shore Santas must be lovely on your mantle along with your Luminara lanterns. I don't have any lanterns, but I love my Luminara candles.

Your Jim Shore pieces reminded me of my cousin Curt, who

passed away in September. He loved Jim Shore figures. He had them for every holiday.

We have been delivering gifts to my girls, so they can bring them to the grandchildren and great grandchildren on Christmas. So many of them have been sick, we are not visiting.

Tomorrow, we will visit my brother and sister in law. It will be a quiet Christmas. Hopefully next year, we can all be together again at my son's house.

Joyeux Noel

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff, Very interesting that Curt had a large collection of Jim Shore.  I just have two of his angels and one Saint Francis.  Also have two Saint Francis Santos (sp?) figures, one from Puerto Rico and one from Spain.  I have a beautiful carved and painted statue of Our Lady of Lourdes we bought in Germany.  Bought also a little cross with the dove of peace and two little children in a circle on the top of the cross.  It hangs in my kitchen.  Came from a town full of woodcarving shops.  I could have gone bankrupt there very easily.  

I am sorry we can’t do our Christmases like we used to.  My brother was exposed to COVID, so our plans have changed.

I feel very badly about this.

He did give us a gift several days ago.  He has been taking painting lessons for a few months, and surprised us with a oil painted portrait of our house.  For such a beginner, he did a great job.  It depicts our home at Christmas, minus all the trees around our yard.  

Have a joyful Christmas!

Love,

Pam