Trusted Contributor

Just got great news today.. PIer One online is going to be open it says to take orders on Sept .1st.... i thought online shut  down for good also. but apparently online they're under new ownership... 

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnie f 

I recently shredded my Pier 1 credit card thinking I'd never use it again Cat LOL

Guess I'll have to get a new one!

Respected Contributor

I heard about the online store while in the store and people were saying the stuff is more like clearance at Kirkland than Pier One.  Very disappointing.

Trusted Contributor

@bonnie f   Thanks for passing this on ! I had heard on the news a few weeks ago they may have a buyer, but I did not know about the online service coming back. Good news.

Esteemed Contributor

Since most stores place orders so far in advance, especially for holidays I am hoping against hope we get quality items.  Lopez, the new co-owner of the name and on line store was quoted as saying:

"Customers can expect the same signature home goods and accessories, and at the end of August, a new website, e-commerce experience," Lopez said.

When asked what they found appealing about Pier 1, Lopez said, “We love the longstanding loyal customers and want to bring them that same experience, or better, than they’re used to.”

Lopez said he remembers his mom shopping at Pier 1 as a kid, and his family has shopped there over the years.

Keeping fingers crossed. Christmas won't be the same without a new piece from Pier 1

Trusted Contributor

Great news. Thanks for the additional info, @mspatmac 

Trusted Contributor

pier one is the only place i get my reed diffusers.. when i heard about them closing i purchased over 10 of them.. giving some to my sister. she loves them too... i looked at other stores and online, and didnt find any other places that sell them like pier one. i get them on sale at pier one and stock up.. now i know i will be getting more lol i have them all around my house.. most other places are more expensive and not as nice... so glad they arent gone for good.

Honored Contributor

@bonnie f love those reed diffusers too. My small Christmas scented one lasted two months.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@bonnie f love those reed diffusers too. My small Christmas scented one lasted two months.

yes i flip them every few days.. i'd say mine lasts 3 months or so.. love them.. and i got most when they were 2 for 20.00 

Honored Contributor

They have to have Harvest stored somewhere.  Likely Christmas too.  Our store is still open and still full.  I went last friday.  Prices need to come down if they expect to empty the store.  Most items were 30 - 40% off.