Honored Contributor

The ocean might have been my choice in my 20's and 30's, but not now... I think I'd probably take the show capped mountains with perhaps the nice view of the evergreens as a close second...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Beach

Lake and pine trees

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Number #1 for me. Love Ocean and Beach view..

Respected Contributor

I'm going to be the odd man out and say the city view would be my choice.  I've always loved seeing the lights of the city after dark.   My mother lived on the 20th floor of a high rise and I was always mesmerized by the night view when I visited her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pick Your View!

[ Edited ]

@wilma -

Thank you for these lovely dreamscapes!

Always the ocean for me!

I always think it is so interesting to hear some actually do not like to be at the ocean.

I'll tell you something funny.

We spent every summer at my father's and stepmothers beach house a block from the ocean. 

When my grandmother came to stay one summer, she said, she hated the sand and as for the ocean, she 

"wished it would just stay still!" lol!

Meanwhile, I loved going to sleep with the sound of the ocean waves in our open windows.

I was so lucky but I always miss it so much.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@wilma Great idea!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've owned a half dozen beach homes (some beach block) and never had a view of the ocean or a bay. 

For some reason, that's okay.  One was so close you could hear the waves pounding sometimes and it sounded like thunder and scared me.  Crazy I know.

I like mountain views, but not snow capped mountains.  I don't like the cold.

A lit up city skyline would also be nice to look at after dusk.

I'm happy just looking at something pretty out my windows even if it's someone else's house or yard or even a tree.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pick Your View!

[ Edited ]

I love the snow capped mountains and trees.  I love the snow and the mountains are strength.  It would be nice to live in any of these beautiful homes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The first photo of the oceanview! I have the same view but I'm looking at our lake!!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Beach view!