Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@lolakimono  Where is the big mountain towering over the town? 

@Kachina624

Banff, Canada

@lolakimono  I wondered if that wasn't Banff.  I've been there and, although the town is surrounded by mountains, they're not that close.  The picture was taken with a telephoto lens that makes distant places look a lot closer than they are. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures! While there are many places I'd love to see, I have zero desire to do the "traveling" it would take to get there. When I can say "Beam me up, Scotty", that's when I'll travel to "far away places with strange sounding names"! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

Thank you!!!  Lake Como, Italy!  Love it.  I'll post the photo of the other and hopefully you (or someone) will know where that is. ....

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@lolakimono (and everyone else!)  here is the photo.  Do you know where this is?

Super Contributor

IMG_5620.JPG

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@lolakimono (and everyone else!)  here is the photo.  Do you know where this is?

@moonandthestars

Place de la Liberté - Sarlat, France

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

Yes, it is very serene and peaceful here in southern WV.   

My brother cut hay on Monday, it was raked late on Tuesday, baled yesterday, and all bales have been hauled away today.   Since we no longer have animals to feed, the hay is sold each year.   I love looking at our freshly mowed fields.   

Yes, my daughters love living here, and have mentioned building their own homes on this property.   All of our immediate family (husbands too) live within a 6 mile radius.     

We are the only original family left in this neighborhood.   All of our old neighbors have died, and their properties sold to new families.   Only one new home has been built here in the last 10 years.   I know very few of my neighbors.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop  I wondered if you weren't in WV.  I had a dear friend, now deceased, who was from Beckley.  Her descriptions sound like yours.

Don't forget the smell of that fresh-cut hay. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment