Super Contributor

Pfaltzgraff and the Q. Who knew??

When did the Q start carrying Pfaltzgraff???  Has there ever been a show?  There are 66 items of this line and I have never seen a show before.  I don't think this is new as I saw it last year some time.

I have the Winterberry pattern that I love and pick up here and there.  Just never knew it was sold on QVC.   I wouldn't pay s/h here either.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pfaltzgraff and the Q. Who knew??

A few years ago Pfaltzgraf was sold to a Chinese company, they closed all outlet stores. That was when I stopped buying.

Honored Contributor

@grandma_2_2 I have never seen a show, but yes they have carried some of the Winterberry items for a couple of years, I have ordered previously from the Q!

Trusted Contributor

Pfaltzgraft used to be made in Syracuse, NY, but it was bought by a Chinese company.  I wouldn't buy it, either.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Winterberry pattern for the Holidays and Filigree for my every day that are the Pfaltzgraff made here.

I had ordered a couple cereal bowls to replace ones that got broken, and the new Filigree have a blueish tinge and the "pfaltzgraff" in just stamped on with ink, not a part of the mold.

Super Contributor

Sad to hear about the changes in this once great company.  I haven't purchased any pieces in quite some time so I didn't know there was a difference.  The Winterberry pattern I have I only use for Christmas and haven't even done that in the last few years.

I just thought it was strange that the Q had all these items yet never has a show to sell them.  

Honored Contributor

Q has about a bazillion items in their inventory that they never show on air, yet we get to see the same brands and products over and over and over. 

I have complained on these boards before about this, that they need to get some variety in the items offered. They already have the items in stock, and even if it is in limited quantities, just put them on air with a host, no vendor necessary, show the items and let them sell out.

I think Q might be surprised how much interest would be sparked by just bringing forward some new things, that they already have in inventory, and freshening up the presentations a little bit.