Honored Contributor

Re: Peterboro Baskets going out of business

I have a couple, think they are very attractive.

Honored Contributor

I have been checking their site every few days. Lots of sellouts but still plenty of items left.

I got an email from them early this morning acknowledging my 2 orders.  They said they have had lots more orders than usual and to be patient.  I was happy to get the email.  Maybe that means they're starting mine now....or not.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

Gigetgh - I have that basket as well as a taller and thinner one. They are stunning. I have the one in your picture at the end of my bed that I keep blankets in. The other one is in another bedroom next to a daybed that I keep magazines in. I always intended to order more but never saw them on their website. Of all the Peterboro I own these two are my favorites.
Respected Contributor

Many people have pared down their homes as to what they display and baskets seem to be rather dated right now, even though they are really functional if used for organization. Many things that were sold on Q in the past are in thrift stores now. I see Boyd's Bears, Temp-tations and lots of QF.

Super Contributor

Has any one received the baskets that they ordered during the going out of business sale?

Honored Contributor

@chessielady wrote:

Has any one received the baskets that they ordered during the going out of business sale?

@chessielady - not yet. I did 2 orders.  I received an email either last week or end of the week before saying that they were working on my order and thanked me for my patience.  Generic letter.  

Contributor

I got a notice on Monday that one of my orders shipped (I placed two on two different days). Oddly enough it was the one that I had ordered later than the first that shipped already. Maybe that one was easier to manufacture. 

Honored Contributor

When my neighbors died, their children cleaned out the house. They offered us anything we wanted. We ended up taking 2 trash cans.

Felt funny looking through the house, still felt it was our neighbor's house,  so we didn't take anything else. 

So the children threw EVERYTHING out. There was a full trash can of Peterboro Baskets. Wish I had taken a few. I saw a show one time about the baskets being made. The workers had quite a skill to make them.

Honored Contributor

Just an update. A few minutes I received email notification that my 2 orders have shipped, including tracking numbers.

Super Contributor

Yeah...I got one order over a month ago. I have two more orders no word on shipping with either order. I am getting a tad irritated.....but that's the breaks!