Honored Contributor

Re: Peterboro Baskets going out of business

@Teas wrote:

This NH company is closing due to their shrinking workforce (pandemic) as well as the challenge getting the Ash used to produce the baskets due to the Emerald Ash borer. This was reported on the news.   They will be closing this summer or in the fall. 

Sad.

@Teas   Yes, and also the owners said they were "ready to retire."  

Honored Contributor

I have 11 of their baskets that I have really enjoyed using over the years. Sad to see, but I wish them well.

Honored Contributor

I have several Peterboro Baskets that I still display/use daily in my home.

They look good as new.

Sad this is happening to a good product.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Very sad to see a company with high quality products go out of business!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do I suddenly feel I need to buy a few baskets before they close?  And I'm not a basket person.  I have one very, very small Longaberger that was given to me years ago, as a gift.  I use it for keys.

And I have 1 Peterboro basket, with handles, that I put throws in. 

I'm off to check the Peterboro site.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

And......I just placed an order.  2 tomato baskets.  One for me and one for a friend for Christmas. And then I ordered a rectangular storage basket for me. 

I have loved the basket I use for throws for years and years and nothing moves me faster to order than "company is closing and they'll never be made again". 

Contributor

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up @Mominohio . I always loved the Peterboro shows and have several baskets still, one I use almost daily. I visited the website and purchased the napkin holder basket with handle in the green stain, love the different colored stains that weren't available initially. I too will be sorry to see them go and may go back again to check to see what else I can get with that 35% off (got free shipping too!).

Honored Contributor

@laceymom wrote:

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up @Mominohio . I always loved the Peterboro shows and have several baskets still, one I use almost daily. I visited the website and purchased the napkin holder basket with handle in the green stain, love the different colored stains that weren't available initially. I too will be sorry to see them go and may go back again to check to see what else I can get with that 35% off (got free shipping too!).

@laceymom - yep. 35% off and free shipping. I placed a 2nd order after my first one this morning. 

Super Contributor

Baskets like Peterboro are sadly not in style anymore.  Same thing kind of goes with Hummels, designer dolls, etc. It's rather amazing to think that only 20 years ago or so these things were valuable and popular.

Honored Contributor

Very sad to hear this...😥

I guess people prefer cheaper baskets made overseas at lower prices, but how long will cheaper baskets lasts---sometimes you pay more for quality and made in the USA

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”