Honored Contributor

Re: Perfect dog washing station for home

I've only recently become aware of these dog washing stations, and have to say what genius they are! I'd love to have one. 

The stairs in this one are at a very odd and hard angle for especially a big or old dog to get turned (especially wet) and use safely. But the idea is great!

I have a pretty big attached garage, and a pretty big laundry room, both of which could handle this kind of a station. But I really need a kitchen worse!

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach~ I love this idea! It would make bathing our dogs a dream and be so much easier on my back, too. Plus, I can think of a multitude of uses besides just for pets. 

Honored Contributor

I use to have small dogs that I could bathe in the sink.  For years now I've had very large dogs that I bathe outside with warm water.  It kills my back.  I have racked my brain trying to figure out how to get them higher so I can reach them without straining my back.  This looks good but my old ones couldn't work those stairs.  Please keep giving suggestions, you could be helping a lot of people......Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Sweet Caroline 1

Some clever craftsman/woman could swap out the stairs for a ramp.

It could even be extendable, like a telescope.  

I know my small dogs never liked steps, so I always had ramps for them.

(I bathed them all in the sink, too!)

ETA:  By the way, thank you for saying this is helpful.  I thought it was innovative as well as being an attractive design.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.