Trusted Contributor

Percale Sheets Like Grandma Used to Have

I do not like sateen sheets.  Can anyone recommend a brand of 100% cotton, percale sheets, the old fashioned kind?  I'm looking for ones just 200-400 thread count tthat are smooth, crisp and cool to the touch.  Thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: Percale Sheets Like Grandma Used to Have

@decaf wrote:

I do not like sateen sheets.  Can anyone recommend a brand of 100% cotton, percale sheets, the old fashioned kind?  I'm looking for ones just 200-400 thread count tthat are smooth, crisp and cool to the touch.  Thank you

Target carries cotton percale sheets

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Percale for me too.

I bought Martha S's at Macy's few years back.  Holding up so well.  I haven't checked

"M" lately; but if none there - - try Google Martha.

Highlighted
Contributor

Try Garnet Hill, Cuddledown sites.  They also have catalogs.  Vermont Country Store too.

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf  Agree!  I have gotten several sets from Vermont Country Store, made in Portugal.  They are pricey, but sure brings back the days of crisp sheets.  And better still line dried, which I do year round!  Most, or maybe all, of them are 200 tc.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

LLBean, and Vermont Country Store.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 @32degrees @fthunt @reiki604 @QVCkitty1  Thanks for your great recommendations. None of my beloved percale sheets fit on my thick, new mattress, I didn't even think about that when buying it!  I'm new here and it looks like I messed my first post, I see lots of white space between all the posts.  Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.  Thank you again!

Contributor

I prefer percale sheets also.  I have had good luck with sheets from LLBeane.  Also, every once in a while I find a great set at TJMaxx/Marshalls. I have not purchased recently from BB&B but they had rather good percale last time I was looking. 

Trusted Contributor

@apt901  Thank you, I have all three of those stores pretty close to me.  My old queen and twin size percale sheets (mostly Ralph Lauren) wore like iron so I had no need to even browse around for new ones. I went to Costco yesterday thinking I'd have luck there, but all they had was sateen and microfiber sheets. I only like percale.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Company Store.  I have some on my bed now. They can be expensive but they do have good sales. I think some MS cotton blend sets are greatly reduced right now at Macy's. I got a notice from Brad's Deals.