Trusted Contributor

Re: Peach and Green, Peach and Navy, OR ALL THREE

@jubilant  It's a beautiful room. Love the one lamp I can see that is beside the couch. TY

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

When I got married and had a bridal shower, my "colors" were peach and green.  I got green towels and peach towels.  That was a long time ago, but I am still using those towels, even though they definately show wear.  I can not donate them because they were shower gifts!  I am also using a set of bed sheets from my shower that have a peach and green print on them.  The bottom sheet became too shallow for my mattresses, so I bought a matching solid colored fitted sheet, and used the patterned fitted sheet to make more pillow cases.  I know all that has nothing to do with the thread.  But I do like the way that room is decorated.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

A little of the color of peach goes a long way and, I'm not a fan of green.  It's not something I would want.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

When I got married in 1980, we had a peach and green and cream living room, and I was so into peach colored everything.....lol! I now can't stand the color for decor, so the room is a No for me....I think I am peached out!

Honored Contributor

I think the room is wonderful and I'd never consider books as decor.  The rug looks greenish so I'd switch that for cream.  

Esteemed Contributor

I could deal with everything, even the girly girly chairs, but not that green thing in the middle of the room.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a sucker for navy.  I'd change the green coffee table for navy right away!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant   I like this room.  Peach and apple green was a popular color combination in the 1920s and '30s I think.

My mother had some beautiful embroidered satin bedspreads and drapes given to her by older cousins that were so well made they were still in use through the 1970s.

The peach and green tones in these were deeper and more jewel like.

Thank you for sharing the photo.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

Very pretty room, @jubilant .   I'm normally not a peach person, but this room has such a pleasant, airy feeling and lovely architecture, and it all works.  I'm going to call the peach, "apricot"--  that's how I often reconcile myself to that color!  And the navy books are enhancing.  I love to accent with vintage books if I have them already in complementary colors.  In fact, they could have brought in more navy -- it's great for keeping a scheme like this from being too "sweet", I think...

@aroc3435,  as soon as you said that about peach and apple green in the Twenties and Thirties, that struck a historical chord with me-- I think you're absolutely right. Many people associate colors like that with the 1980's, but as you note, they've been cycling in and out for a long time!

Honored Contributor

Very pretty room. It seems to me I once had a primarily pale green with peach look going in a living room... As I recall, it was lovely... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...