Honored Contributor

"Cheap Looking"? I bought a wreath yesterday at Walmart that has starched burlap with stylized flowers, burgundy-ish red, Creamy white, and darkish blue fabric, a navy insignia saying just "America", and added a same color bow at the bottom and a small flag from Memorial Day at the top.

My criteria for purchase did not include "isn't 'cheap looking'" , so I have no idea whether I'm in the safe, non-cheap looking zone or not, but it does express my exuberant support for "....my Country, right or wrong....." So at least I'm hopefully acceptable on that score........

It was the last one of its type there, so it probably was picked over. Didn't matter to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

OP never did state she wanted the decor for this 4th of July.  Many of us use patriotic decor inside and out for the entire summer (and some people use it all year).

My complaint about most patriotic or Americana decor is that it is cheap looking. I prefer a more Americana dark red and navy with cream as the white, color pallete. The quality, color and style of Americana things I buy usually can't be found seasonally in standard retail stores, but in more expensive gift shops, and at certain high end craft fairs throughout our area.

And I'm sure anything out there right now that is in standard retail is picked over and about gone.

I AGREE.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't looking to buy anything - just looking for a unique idea.