Respected Contributor

Even if they had it, it is too late now to order for 4th of July -- that is in 5 days -- it would never get to you in time.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Did you use Google?  I searched for "independence day decor" and lots of stuff came up, none of it Christmas.  Or were you searching just the Q website?

Respected Contributor

20% off at Pier 1.

Honored Contributor

I fly an American flag year round.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Patriotic decor??????

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I wanted to look at some patrotic decor so I searched "independance day decor" and Christmas stuff came up - so I searched "patrotic decor " and again prelit trees came up.I know CIJ but good Heavens !!!

I think that's partly because you're too late. QVC can't get something to you between now and July 4th, so they probably don't offer much right now. If you want patriotic stuff for the summer, you should be looking in April and May for catalog and online shops without a brick and mortar presence. If you've waited until now, you're best getting ideas from local companies or blogs.

Honored Contributor

OP never did state she wanted the decor for this 4th of July.  Many of us use patriotic decor inside and out for the entire summer (and some people use it all year).

My complaint about most patriotic or Americana decor is that it is cheap looking. I prefer a more Americana dark red and navy with cream as the white, color pallete. The quality, color and style of Americana things I buy usually can't be found seasonally in standard retail stores, but in more expensive gift shops, and at certain high end craft fairs throughout our area.

And I'm sure anything out there right now that is in standard retail is picked over and about gone.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I fly an American flag year round.............

@Desertdi, well I do too, but I do add a little more outside for the 4th of July, I just love the colors red, white, & blue!

I only decorate the outside!

Contributor

I agree with others you will have to go to local store now. I have seen alot of things in our local stores since May. I do have  a question for eveyone though, I was wondering how do you feel about decorating your home Americana all year ? i love it it and i have several things with flag type images i like to display all year and was jsut wongering

how you all felt?

Honored Contributor

@bscandle wrote:

I agree with others you will have to go to local store now. I have seen alot of things in our local stores since May. I do have  a question for eveyone though, I was wondering how do you feel about decorating your home Americana all year ? i love it it and i have several things with flag type images i like to display all year and was jsut wongering

how you all felt?

@bscandle

I like Americana all year as well.

For 15 years my front porch was Americana (just got rid of it all last year and changed to a primitive black and brown type thing), and all summer long I have Americana decor in the kitchen. 

If I ever do over my family room, I'm considering doing that in there, with some really early American type things.

Honored Contributor
We put out patriotic decorations from Flag Day through Labor Day. I've purchased some at craft fairs and ordered some from Amazon.