Respected Contributor

@wilma Yeah...No.  Different strokes for different folks though....................

Honored Contributor

For about 10 years, they have tried to push upholstered  coffee tables substitutes on us saying "extra seating".  No one wants to sit knee to knee, so the piece must be moved, which means guests will have to shift out of the way.

The colors would be pretty in a scarf but the intensity would wear out it's welcome quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @wilma , I've never been a fan of pastels either.  My house sreams jewel tones and I've always loved it, but you know what?  I'm starting to enjoy the lighter spring tones.  After decorating for Easter, I've been looking for ways to incorporate some pastels.  (It's not really working haha).  I think this room is lovely!  

Honored Contributor

I think this is pretty but not for me personally, It wouldn't work with the little fingers I have here so often. Toddlers and very light furniture ...no way.

The only thing I don't like is the yellow pillow.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't work with my outdoorsy family, but I think it is peaceful looking.

Honored Contributor

I love pastels in my clothing but not so much in my decorating or furnishings.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Nope, not for me.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

For about 10 years, they have tried to push upholstered  coffee tables substitutes on us saying "extra seating".  No one wants to sit knee to knee, so the piece must be moved, which means guests will have to shift out of the way.

The colors would be pretty in a scarf but the intensity would wear out it's welcome quickly.

I'm so done with the 'extra seating' myth and also done with the mentality so often espoused on HGTV that people buy homes with entertaining in mind... While I'm sure there are exceptions, I somehow suspect most people furnish a room and buy a home with their immediate family in mind... The need for extra seating is likely a very occasional thing, as is the need to turn their home into an entertainment venue...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Very pretty and soothing and I do like the soft palette.

Esteemed Contributor

What Kitlynn said

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau