Respected Contributor

I am feeling pretty proud of myself!  I have out patient surgery tomorrow and I am a bit anxious so what better to do then totally empty my pantry and reorganize/restyle it!  I used containers from the dollar store - it looks pretty sharp!  I wish I knew how to attach photos.  We have lived in our home two years now and the previous owner created a pantry that is so large it has two big walls of floor to ceiling shelves and the other wall accommodates a frig.  I have felt like I had been underusing the space but feeling good now!  

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  It's always so fun to re-do, get a fresh look to your space - and a chore done!

Good luck with your surgery, hope it's not too serious.

Respected Contributor

Good for YOU! Not gonna lie, I am a bit envious. I was getting something out of my pantry last evening and it was a bit of a mess. And I swear I just tossed a bunch of stuff and organized it not all that long ago! But looks like I need to go at it again. It does feel soooooooo good when it is organized....and things don't fall out on your head. Ha!

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2...lucky you...I would love to have a pantry.  Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

Years ago my sister and I had a big blow up...I came home and scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom I was so miffed....so I know what you mean about wanting to keep busy.

Valued Contributor

That's great! I wish you could post pictures too. I would love to see them. I've been cleaning out our kitchen cabinets and putting in new shelf paper but haven't tackled the pantry yet.

I hope your surgery goes well and you heal quickly!

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2.  You can find instructions for posting pics under "Welcome Get Started" in the column on the left side of this page.  Easy Peasy.  Read while recuperating.  Good luck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

When I designed this house, I was left with space across the hall from the laundry room and made it a pantry!  Works great since I cook so much.  There's a full office desk with our computer as well.  They're great aren't they!  

Good wishes on your procedure.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Nice!  Good luck tomorrow.

I love my pantry.  It's the size of a small closet, in the passageway from the garage entry to the house, across from the fridge and the laundry.  I take great delight in keeping it stocked.

I'm on the lookout now for a better location for my jars of herbs and spices.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Good idea about using dollar-store containers.  I have a large pantry and have a number of large plastic containers, most bought at Home Depot, but I could use more, especially smaller ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia, have you thought of using a drawer for a

spices?  You can get inserts mean for spices.  I have one drawer like that and love it.  All alphabetical order.  Doesn’t work for the large containers but is great for the rest.  LM