Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pantry Reorganization!

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2, good luck with your procedure!  Congrats on the pantry makeover.  I am I a process of closet redo’s everywhere.  Big job but making great progress!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2, I hope that your surgery goes well.  It must be the time of year, because I just cleaned out my pantry.  Looks great so far.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I'm always reorganizing my pantry. LOL! My pantry is wide with double doors - the best thing I ever did was put some over-the-door racks on both doors. You wouldn't believe how much those racks hold and it got all the little jars and packages off the main shelves.

Honored Contributor
@FastDogWalker2, best of luck with your surgery tomorrow. And congrats on the pantry redo today! Wish I had a pantry, it's on my list of must haves if I ever move again.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I need a room size pantry.  The one in my kitchen is very deep.  I wish it was wider and more shallow.  I can't see anything that is in the back and the shelves are floor to ceiling. I do have baskets in there, but it is so overloaded that things fall out when I pull out the baskets because things are piled higher than the basket sides.

I also have a pantry in my basement.  That one is full also, but very organized.  The only problem is that I have to climb up and down the stairs.

i do need to clean out the kitchen pantry and organize things again.  The last time my 9 year old grandson was here, said said my pantry was too cluttered.  He's right.

Honored Contributor

That's a great use of your time and mental energy.  My house is never cleaner than when I am anxious about something or waiting on news.

Good luck tomorrow.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have my own system as to how I put things on the pantry shelves, in the cabinets, fridge and freezer.  My husband does not so I am always straightening up and rearranging.

He will put it any where he finds space or shove it into the fridge and freezer as long as the door will close.

He had hoarding tendencies and the minute he sees a bit of free space, it needs to be filled with a can or jar or box.  I have to keep things pulled forward on the shelves so it looks like there is more than what we have.

Just yesterday he came in with 2 bags of frozen stuff for the freezer and said to me I know you told me not to buy freezer stuff but I had coupons and I thought we could have this stuff during the week.  All well and good however where would you like me to put it in the meantime as there is no room in the freezer for anything.

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2

Wow! Your pantry sounds like it is huge, and wonderful! I have no pantry, and always wanted one. I envy you! LOL

And I too throw myself into some kind of cleaning or organizing project when I'm anxious about something like an upcoming health issue. It really helps me to keep busy with something I feel like I can control and something I can see an improvement in, when stressed about health things. 

Best wishes on your surgery, and a speedy recovery!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I have my own system as to how I put things on the pantry shelves, in the cabinets, fridge and freezer.  My husband does not so I am always straightening up and rearranging.

He will put it any where he finds space or shove it into the fridge and freezer as long as the door will close.

He had hoarding tendencies and the minute he sees a bit of free space, it needs to be filled with a can or jar or box.  I have to keep things pulled forward on the shelves so it looks like there is more than what we have.

Just yesterday he came in with 2 bags of frozen stuff for the freezer and said to me I know you told me not to buy freezer stuff but I had coupons and I thought we could have this stuff during the week.  All well and good however where would you like me to put it in the meantime as there is no room in the freezer for anything.

@CelticCrafter

What is with men anyway? LOL

I will be working in the kitchen, usually prepping meals for the week, and I just make some space on the main shelf of the too small but all that will fit in the kitchen fridge, and I turn around and my husband has put 6 tiny things, that all have a place in a short shelf or the door, right in the big space I made for the casserole going into the fridge. 

I could take the stuff and throw it at his head, he drives me so nuts when he does that! LOL

And he does it all the time. I think it's a game with him!

Honored Contributor

Congrats -- I find organizing, purging & seeing my pantry (and closets) neat are a wonderful feeling!

I have 1 walk-in pantry and 1 regular size off my kitchen.  I can't wait to purge & organize them when I get home🙂.

I have been away since the week after Christmas and I feel like I need to get back into my regular routine.  

First thing I'll do is inventory my freezer, pantries & fridge --once they are organized I'll cook from what I have, before, I go food shopping.  A home cooked meal is something I'm wishing for😉

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy your nice pantry!🙂