Honored Contributor

Very 'old-school' Palm Beach estate look, @lolakimono !  Would be fun to tour and see all the lovely finishes, architecture, etc.

A jarring note for me are the "wave-themed" beams-- that's too much of a pedestrian, coastal cliche, I believe, for this house.  Also think they could do better with the chandelier.  

Good find!

Esteemed Contributor

I hope that room is big enough to accommodate that huge floor to ceiling fireplace, like maybe a castle?  If not, it's out of place.  I like the ceiling beams and window, but everything else has to go, especially that huge tree!

Valued Contributor
It all looks old & dated. Surprisingly I actually like the waves on the ceiling beams!! Different to me!
Esteemed Contributor

@decaf Your comment "viking vibe" was too funny!   

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I see more Morocco than Florida.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I have a feeling I would like it better in person, @lolakimono 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

To me, it's more formal with a hint of beachy.  I'm not really fond of most of the decor though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

I don't get northern home/CT/VT at all (I live in CT). To me, I see Southern California/Tuscany/Mediterranean ish. LOL.  Funny how we all see things differently.  

Honored Contributor

I think it looks fairly formal from the style of the furniture.

The Florida or beach look in this room is very subtle IMO. It reminds me more of a home in Spain near the Mediterranean Sea. 

I like the mix of colors, but I don't really care for the furnishings. I don't like the ceiling, drapes, or chandelier at all. 

Honored Contributor
It definitely does not look like upscale Old Miami. It could be a gorgeous room with a few tweaks.