Honored Contributor

Re: Pale, Refreshing and Ethereal Bedroom...

@sceniccoast wrote:

Although, pretty colors, it's a tad too formal for my taste.  However, I love the seating area, esp. the loveseat in front of the window.

@stevieb 

.. you're on a roll tonight, keep up the good work!  .. and thank you.

@sceniccoast  Thanks and hope you enjoyed! At this point just offering up something other than more discussion about 'these uncertain times'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I do like some elements in the room but overall it's more delicate than I'd want for a space of my own. I'm glad there are enough options in the world so everyone can choose whatever they like.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I do like some elements in the room but overall it's more delicate than I'd want for a space of my own. I'm glad there are enough options in the world so everyone can choose whatever they like.

@GingerPeach  Exactly. It's interesting, too, to note that never has the old adage about one man's trash being another man's treasure been more clearly true than with some of our home decor pictures. I always enjoy hearing the different perspectives and now the exact same rooms and features can illicit such different responses, reactions and comments... And on a personal level it's also interesting for me to note that while there are elements I might really dislike, overall, given a specific setting, I just might, and sometimes do, find them fabulous...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach  Exactly. It's interesting, too, to note that never has the old adage about one man's trash being another man's treasure been more clearly true than with some of our home decor pictures. I always enjoy hearing the different perspectives and now the exact same rooms and features can illicit such different responses, reactions and comments... And on a personal level it's also interesting for me to note that while there are elements I might really dislike, overall, given a specific setting, I just might, and sometimes do, find them fabulous...

So true, @stevieb 

I don't look at things only from my own viewpoint (at least, not always!), and appreciate that life is not black and white, but many shades of gray, up to and including black and white.  

BTW, I adore panes in windows and would have done more to highlight the window itself and the view in this particular setting. On the other hand, it's a bedroom, so privacy is important.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful calming room, can picture curling up with a good book and a cup of tea, or flavored coffee ....The only thing Id change is the print on that chair....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Beautiful room and I like most of it but the fabric on the chair and drapes are not for me. I would prefer a solid color or a thin stripe.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Yes, I most definitely enjoyed all the pics.

.. and, I "hear ya" (regarding these times.)  For me, it got very old weeks ago, along with all the "puppet" commercials!  

Honored Contributor

This is not a room I would choose.

Honored Contributor

very soft and relaxing!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

So true, @stevieb 

I don't look at things only from my own viewpoint (at least, not always!), and appreciate that life is not black and white, but many shades of gray, up to and including black and white.  

BTW, I adore panes in windows and would have done more to highlight the window itself and the view in this particular setting. On the other hand, it's a bedroom, so privacy is important.

@GingerPeach  Agreed, the panes in that window are just lovely. I too think the window is overdressed and they could instill privacy but still have gone wth a more simple window design. They might have even opted to keep the existing curtains but please just lose that valence!!