Respected Contributor

I like what a like, and don't give a hoot and a holler if anyone thinks something is out or dated. The only reason I change anything is when I'm ready for a change.

Respected Contributor

Re: Paintings mirror frame

[ Edited ]

@crazered   Do YOU want to cchange the frame from gold?  I did a little search and  some sites indicate that silver/chrome is "out" and others say  gold/brass is in and mixing and matching silver and gold is on trend.

Bottom line, in my book, is do you not like what it looks like in the room anymore?

As for me, I can't change out entire rooms of furniture and  accents every few years and, besides, I tend to like what I've purchased with such care.

I have confidence in my choices.  I  change out small items to refresh a space, not engage in dramatic overhauls.

The merchants are always trying to part us from our money.

Best wishes with whatever choice you make.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

Re: Paintings mirror frame

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you insist on painting the frame, I suggest you choose a color that accents the painting, not necessarily the room. 

I agree with you @Kachina624 and quite honestly @crazered , if I still liked the gold frame, I'd not be inclined to be concerned about what is 'in' and what is 'out'. Trends come and trends go. It's not always worthwhile to come and go with them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@crazered 

If the piece is old, and is gilded, it may have monetary value.  If that is of interest to you, you will likely damage that value by painting over it

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

"Gold" is not out according to all the decorating shows/magazines, etc.  In fact, I just did a kitchen remodel, and I used "brushed gold" for my kitchen faucet, hardware and lighting.....just beautiful.  So happy with how it turned out.  As for the mirror that would be an easy fix if you did not like the color gold that you picked.  Maybe you could stiffle a gold paint to see how you liked it.  Sounds like an easy and fun project to do.

Trusted Contributor

Forget about what is in or out and paint it if you want to. I have a mirror that I am thinking of painting the frame as well. 

https://www.pinterest.com/gigigrams/painted-mirrors/