Super Contributor

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/29/2014 reese ~ said:
On 4/29/2014 shesallthat said:
because we have the wrought iron/glass door the front door is open alot when the weather is nice because i like to see outside. i do not want a door that sticks out like a sore thumb with my living room.

I agree, I love to keep the outer door open, too, so the front door has to coordinate!

The pic I posted shows the Barrington Green door with black shutters, and I have to say I don't like it any more than I did with our white ones. I think the shutters and doors, with rare exceptions, should match or at least coordinate better.

ITA!! i always match them. my OCD would not let me sleep at night if they were not!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

How about painting your front door a lighter Newburg Green. Should pop against the rest of the house. I just painted our front door cobalt blue. House is tan with cream trim. Love it.

Super Contributor

Paint what you want to pop -- just like you put white or a bright color in an outfit where you want people to look. That probably means leaving the garage door to match the other neutral trim, and putting your attention on the front door. The dark green is nice. But you could consider a more vibrant color, too -- taxicab yellow, red, a true turquoise or even a sapphire blue could really make your door say, "come knock!" Just my opinion, of course. But it might be worth a try--if you don't like it bright, you can always cover with your darker green. Have fun!

Respected Contributor

I love the teal door! We have neighbors with a light colored house and they have the most gorgeous yellow door.

Super Contributor

I'm really loving the ideas I'm reading about here. I've thought about it so much but still have not made a decision. I'm considering a coral or perhaps a cobalt blue. The house is a light brick sand type color and the trim is dark brown (boring). I had considered a vibrant green, but the summertime trees and grass provide plenty of green accents. I would like to spice things up a bit with a great color on the front door.
Contributor

Just paint the door...... you know this is what you really want to do.

Don't ask for others opinions, only yours counts.

Paint the door and enjoy it. It sounds like it will look great.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

My garage door is painted the same color as the house. My house trim and front door are painted the same a shade of green that I really love, a bit deeper than a grren apple. Sherwin Williams paint that has held up very well.

Honored Contributor

I love the color you've chosen to paint your front door. A front door should always pop the house with a great color.

It's important that the front door color be the same color saturation as the trim and shutters.

If your trim is dark, your door should be a dark color too. I have a neighbor that has very dark blue shutters and a pastel orange door. Their door would look much better in a dark burnt orange color.

With a dark brown roof and trim, your newburg green would be perfect. I would not paint the garage door to match. It should be painted a more nutural color, white, tan or cream...whatever would look best.

Valued Contributor

This was from pinterst ""BM Stratton Blue paint color for front door""

Lookig through the pictures in the thread. I do love the cobalt with white trim!