Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

Brii, looks like any bluish/gray, /green will look fantastic with brick.

You are right, I just need to man up & paint the darn door!!

Super Contributor
Posts: 929
Registered: ‎09-12-2012

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/27/2014 ~moxie~ said:

I am going to paint my door red sometime this summer. All the accessories on my porch are red and I think it will tie in nicely.

Our front door is a beautiful mahogany with stained glass, so no paint will ever touch it but if I were to have a front door that could be painted over, it would be red!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,040
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

Have a nice day and happy painting.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,835
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/28/2014 whitelinen said:

our front door is this kind of style - except it does not have frosted glass so you can see our wood door behind it. which is why i am always trying to paint it! but we do not have any other glass over the top.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,528
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/27/2014 ~moxie~ said:

I am going to paint my door red sometime this summer. All the accessories on my porch are red and I think it will tie in nicely.

We painted our front door red last fall....LOVE it!! The house is tannish taupe and the trim is a light mocha. The RED door looks great!

Super Contributor
Posts: 856
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/27/2014 brii said:
On 4/27/2014 circles said:

I think you should paint it Red....

I live in an apartment complex where every unit is the same color.....I wanted red...so I had my friend paint it red and waited to see what they would say...and no one said anything....haha....and its still red....


I do not care for red at all.

When I open my front door ( I have a screen door ), I need it to complement the colors that I have in the foyer and all throughout the rest of my home.

I'm ok with a red door, but only with particular styles of homes and trim colors.

I had to chuckle about the door having to coordinate with your interior, because I am the same way! We have a stone home that is beige/gray. I took down the white shutters (no, I'm not kidding) the prior owners slapped up and painted the white door. I chose Benjamin Moore Great Barrington Green, and I love it! I'm considering getting new shutters and painting them myself, but I can promise they won't be white!

This pic shows the color on a brick home. I think it looks pretty and it's very versatile, but I also think the colors you're considering would look beautiful, brii. I agree about the garage door, also. I wouldn't paint it the same as the front door, I'd paint it the trim color or house color.

the end result!

Edited to try and get the pic smaller.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,835
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/29/2014 reese ~ said:
On 4/27/2014 brii said:
On 4/27/2014 circles said:

I think you should paint it Red....

I live in an apartment complex where every unit is the same color.....I wanted red...so I had my friend paint it red and waited to see what they would say...and no one said anything....haha....and its still red....


I do not care for red at all.

When I open my front door ( I have a screen door ), I need it to complement the colors that I have in the foyer and all throughout the rest of my home.

I'm ok with a red door, but only with particular styles of homes and trim colors.

I had to chuckle about the door having to coordinate with your interior, because I am the same way! We have a stone home that is beige/gray. I took down the white shutters (no, I'm not kidding) the prior owners slapped up and painted the white door. I chose Benjamin Moore Great Barrington Green, and I love it! I'm considering getting new shutters and painting them myself, but I can promise they won't be white!

This pic shows the color on a brick home. I think it looks pretty and it's very versatile, but I also think the colors you're considering would look beautiful, brii. I agree about the garage door, also. I wouldn't paint it the same as the front door, I'd paint it the trim color or house color.

i thought i was the only one that did that,too! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

because we have the wrought iron/glass door the front door is open alot when the weather is nice because i like to see outside. i do not want a door that sticks out like a sore thumb with my living room.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,180
Registered: ‎01-20-2011

Re: Painting the front door...

I saw lots of cool ideas on pintrest.Some I would never have thought of,but they are so interesting.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,126
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

When I went to the paint store yesterday and saw Newburg Green in person, it was much darker than it looked online. But I did like Philipsburg Blue and so did my husband.

Not it's just a matter of the weather cooperating - LOL

I'm loving all the pictures on this thread.

Super Contributor
Posts: 856
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Painting the front door...

On 4/29/2014 shesallthat said:
because we have the wrought iron/glass door the front door is open alot when the weather is nice because i like to see outside. i do not want a door that sticks out like a sore thumb with my living room.

I agree, I love to keep the outer door open, too, so the front door has to coordinate!

The pic I posted shows the Barrington Green door with black shutters, and I have to say I don't like it any more than I did with our white ones. I think the shutters and doors, with rare exceptions, should match or at least coordinate better.