Esteemed Contributor

Re: Painters Will Start On Monday!

@151949 Man Surprised  Your post made me giggle! Sounds like the house was a split-level? How fortunate you didn't have a family room and bedrooms on the lower level. The green door does sound lovely! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

A dog who tracks paint all through the house causing lastng damage sure sounds like a ill-behaved pet  and a nuisance! Was is a stray dog?

Who trained that dog? The owners should have been held accountable!

Some people should NOT be pet owners if they cannot keep their pets on a leash!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack How is the painting going? Are you liking 'our" beige? DH & I went out today just to look for a new sofa & chairs and found exactly what we wanted at the first place we went.  Unfortunately , it only came in leather. I really did not want leather again. Anyway , there were only 3 color choices, taupe, dark expresso brown & black. The taupe did not look to me like it would go well with our oak wood pieces so I went with the expresso brown.I think it will look great with Kilim beige and the red oak furniture. Can't wait for it to get here.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@NickNack How is the painting going? Are you liking 'our" beige? DH & I went out today just to look for a new sofa & chairs and found exactly what we wanted at the first place we went.  Unfortunately , it only came in leather. I really did not want leather again. Anyway , there were only 3 color choices, taupe, dark expresso brown & black. The taupe did not look to me like it would go well with our oak wood pieces so I went with the expresso brown.I think it will look great with Kilim beige and the red oak furniture. Can't wait for it to get here.

@151949  I love the color!  The house seems so much lighter and brighter now.  They only have one bedroom left to do tomorrow and a few other little things like hanging the window treatments and towel bars back up and a few things like that.  There are three painters most of the time and an extra one for half a day.  I hope they finish early tomorrow.  

It sounds like you found your perfect sofa and chairs.  I agree that espresso brown will look good with Kilim beige.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

All my best to Henry for the next couple of days, @NickNack

May he be in a pose like this before long.

animal cute relax kitten cat peaceful tabby mammal rest fauna close up pets nose whiskers sleep background snout vertebrate wallpaper domestic cat macro photography tabby cat bengal sleeping cat my favorite small to medium sized cats cat like mammal

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

All my best to Henry for the next couple of days, @NickNack

May he be in a pose like this before long.

animal cute relax kitten cat peaceful tabby mammal rest fauna close up pets nose whiskers sleep background snout vertebrate wallpaper domestic cat macro photography tabby cat bengal sleeping cat my favorite small to medium sized cats cat like mammal

@GingerPeach  Such a sweet picture.  Smiley Happy  The painters have finished.  They left around 3:30 today.  My house looks great.  I'm so happy to finally have this done.  I've thought about it for several years.  I've got so much work ahead of me putting everything back together.

Henry was much happier today.  He came out when they went to lunch and used the litter box and ate.  Now it seems like everything is back to normal for him.  I told him they wouldn't be back.  Frankie, my dog, will miss them.  All three of her would stop and pet her every time they walked by.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

So glad Henry is happy now.  And that you are happy with how everything looks.  I also like that you explain things to them.  I used to do that a lot.  I think it helps them.  (Sorry Frankie is missing out on extra petting!)

I've got some painting and recarpeting ahead of me in the next few weeks or so.  Not actually scheduled yet, just deciding.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.