Highlighted
Super Contributor
I had my shower tiles repaired and refinished today. They paint the tiles and apply a glaze. I saw this in 2 condos where I live and it looked great. So I decided to do it in mine. I never heard of it before, but it's an economical way of updating a shower. Of course nothing compares with brand new tiles, but we are in a tight budget now so I went this route.

I'm just wondering, has anyone done this? If so, how do you maintain them, and do they keep their look. I could ask the people with whom I saw this, but I don't see them often. Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Have you had the work done yet?   The questions you ask should be directed to the company that does the work. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Painted shower tiles

[ Edited ]

I haven't had it done but I wouldn't use anything abrasive on them and I would buy a suction cup and squegee to hang in there so you can wipe the walls down when you are finished.  It will keep the soap scum build up to a minimum.

Super Contributor

Good idea. I'll call the company and ask them.   Why didn't I think of that☺️.  Thanks for your replies. 

Trusted Contributor

In my last house, I had the countertops in both of my bathrooms refinished with a similar process.  They used a white epoxy type glaze/finish to cover ugly yellow laminate.  I didn't use abrasive cleaners but did use cleaners with bleach and when I sold the house seven years later they still looked as good as new.     

Super Contributor

Good to hear, Scotnovel!!