Respected Contributor

Painted Kitchen Wall

[ Edited ]

I love blue also and the room that was posted by Lola Kimono is beautiful and soothing. 

I bought Valspar Reserve paint in Ice Sculpture at Lowe's and did the wall in between my sink and kitchen cupboards this morning. What do you think? The rest of the kitchen is knotty pine. I painted over wallpaper and it looked great with just one coat. I did a satin finish. We painted the outlets to match. That is my Breville Smart Oven Pro on the left.

IMG_5901.JPG

Honored Contributor

That color blue is beautiful.  I love it.  I have everything in my kitchen white and red (not very imaginative, but I like it) with apples and wicker basket designed wallpaper.

It is so soothing looking at your walls!  I can't stop looking at it, it's so pretty.  You have wonderful taste.  Thanks for posting.  I can't figure out how to post pictures.

Respected Contributor

Re: Painted Kitchen Wall

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Annabellethecat66. I bought a sample first and then tried it on about a foot of the wallpaper first. Then I went back and bought a quart to do it. It only took a small amount due to the quality of the Valspar paint. If you need to scrub the wall more than I need the semi-gloss would work also.

Your kitchen sounds lovely. I love red with white. It was my Mom's favorite color. Red and white are happy colors and the apples and wicker basket sounds adorable.

To post a photo just start a new message and click on the 2nd box to the right of the smiley face. Choose from what comes up and click on the photo you want. I choose the Full Size and then hit post. Add the rest of your message or before you do the photo and hit Post. Pretty easy now to do so. 

I just read you are having double knee surgery soon. I will send lots of prayers and fast healing for you. Take care Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 I love it. I almost fell off my chair, because it resembles my kitchen. I have similar cabinets and also have blue, but I love your color blue much better than mine. Mine's a bit too pale. Good job, IMO.

Earthday Is Everyday

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Beautiful job, MKR NY.   Annabellethecat used the word I was thinking of, so soothing!  I love the way the blue plays off your pine cabinets-- great choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 Beautiful job, you painted over wallpaper, I would never have guessed from the picture, you did a marvelous job!

Honored Contributor

Looks very pretty,

Image result for great job word image

Honored Contributor

Looks lovely!  Satin paint is the best.  I did my whole house in satin paint.  I dislike flat paint immensely, and the glossy one (forgot the name. d'oh!) is too shiny for me.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to scrutinize it again after its been dry for a while to make sure you don't need another coat.  Sometimes, later on, what's underneath can bleed through just enough to know you want to hit it again.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Chickenbutt. I have checked three times and it looks good so far. The wallpaper was white with teeny tulips in it. It always reminds me of my Mom. She loved tulips. The lady that did the paint at Lowe's for me said she also did it over wallpaper and it worked great. Just be sure wallpaper is nice and clean of any dirt first. I just need a refresh of color in my kitchen after 21 years. These are the original cabinets we installed then also. I bought the white bench from QVC that can make into a table and it looks great. I bought 

the navy blue bench cushion form the company that makes the bench and it was made very nice. I found a couple of rectangle smallcushion at Ollie's and it looks cute. I have a white steel door that goes from the kitchen to the garage I am going to paint the Valspar Reserve Gloss Ice Blue paint on when the weather gets a little warmer. The bench, cushion, pillows and all the paint and supplies cost less than $350.00. My little do it yourself project Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Pretty and different...and if you get tired of that color you chan paint over it.