Honored Contributor

Paint on a brand new t shirt

Since we are showing our house for sale DH decided to touch up some paint spots. Wouldn't you know it ! I got paint on the sleeve of a brand new tee I was wearing for the first time. DARN IT. Well, yesterday I soaked the paint stain with SHOUT and washed that shirt in Tide & oxi wash with hottest water I could and - VIOLA - the paint came completely off. I never expected such a great result.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paint on a brand new t shirt

I wouldn't have thought the paint would come out unless you used some solvent.Happy to hear that it did come out.I believe there is an unwritten rule if you wear something old nothing happens to it but the minute you have something nice on...trouble strikes.

Respected Contributor

I remember posting about getting some Rustoleum spray paint on my clothing...was in a hurry and didn’t have time to change.  Leaned over the item and presto: paint on the waist area.

Used Dawn and a small hand brush....couldn’t believe how lucky I was when it all came out.

Guess I did have time to change after all since I had time to get the paint out....lol !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 Good to know. Thank you for the heads up. I am the messiest doer and eater in the state. I wear a new shirt and immediately drop food on it. Good grief. I finally resorted to blue dawn on the spots.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

The weird thing is - I bought this exact shirt in royal blue and got bleach on it - ruined. Bought it in royal again to replace that one and caught it on a nail and ripped it right in the front.Then bought this one (at least it was on sale )in royal and this happened. I was getting resolved to the fact I just wasn't meant to have a royal blue t shirt, and it is my best color.