Honored Contributor

I have no painting talent.  I had those painting kits as a kid and they all turned it awful.

i have an adult coloring book with complicated abstract art.  My grandkids told me that they were,impressed.  I guess I can color in the lines with a pencil.

i really like those kitties.  I hope your painting turns out well.

Respected Contributor

My sister and I were discussing them last week. We always got a paint set for Christmas. Then that got me thinking of the crackled marble jewelry kits and the kit with the pixies that were outlined in glued on gold cording then you would put glue in the tracing and sprinkle with faux gems. That must be 60 years ago or so. GEEZ.

Honored Contributor

I love cats but that is a bit too much for even me.  I think it would be fun to paint by numbers.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

My sister and I were discussing them last week. We always got a paint set for Christmas. Then that got me thinking of the crackled marble jewelry kits and the kit with the pixies that were outlined in glued on gold cording then you would put glue in the tracing and sprinkle with faux gems. That must be 60 years ago or so. GEEZ.

And don't forget the wood burning kit. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Paint by numbers!

[ Edited ]

I’ve done one paint by number Christmas ornament set, and one large paint by number picture with a black velvet background.  

The picture is beautiful, but is currently in a closet, where it is likely to stay.   I have framed and hung it on a wall in this house twice, only to have it fall, breaking the glass and frame both times.   

It took 6 months to paint the 16x20 religious based picture.   Oil paint takes days to fully dry, and the only place I had to put it to dry safely, was under my bed!   

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

I bought this one, too, but it looks more difficult. If the first one turns out nicely, I'll try this one.

71psUvFIByL._SX679_.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  That is adorable.  I hope it works out for you.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@house_catThe orange cat is wonderful with the little mice.  

Where did you find this picture if I might ask?  I love it.

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 7.08.27 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

thank you!!