Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE QVC.. WE NEED COTTON PERCALE SHEET SETS

@Katcat1 wrote:

I honestly don't remember the brand of sheets I purchased from QVC but they did not last long.  I was in bed and my foot went right through the sheet on the bed.  That was the end of the sheet set.

@Katcat1, I've had that happen to two different fitted percale sheets from L. L. Bean and they were what I considered costly sheets.

I have tried percale from Evine and Target Threshold, but after a while using both, we started to become really annoyed with the paper-like quality and noisiness of them.  I ended up purchasing my first set of cotton sateen in over 20 years, Target 

Performance Sheet Set Patterns 400 Thread Count - Threshold™

and I am really pleased...quiet and soft, and holding up well so far.  I had pilling/texturing with sateen in the past, but not with these.

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR, I tried Target Threshold also.  Not a fan and, yes, noisy and plastic-y if there is such a word.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SHOPR, I tried Target Threshold also.  Not a fan and, yes, noisy and plastic-y if there is such a word.  LM

@Lilysmom, Ya know the weird thing is that I really liked the Threshold percale at first, and I still like how the all-around elastic is made, but over time the noisy aspect just became more than we could stand.  We do toss and turn a lot all night due to aches and pains.

I've been tempted to try the Vermont Country Store and Company Store brands of percale, and may still one day, but I think I'm done buying the LL Bean percale.  For the price I thought I'd get more wear out of them. 

For now I'm just content to be content (bad grammar I know) with the sateen Target Threshold sheets I mentioned above.  It's a relief to have found a very affordable sheet set that is holding up nicely, isn't noisy, and isn't tearing or pilling.  I of course learned about them from someone here.  This is a great place to learn about sheets.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR, can’t believe the LLBean sheet ripped.  If they weren’t very old, I would take it back.  I have LLBean also but never had that happen.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SHOPR, can’t believe the LLBean sheet ripped.  If they weren’t very old, I would take it back.  I have LLBean also but never had that happen.  LM

@Lilysmom, They were probably a few years old when each one ripped.  It's just odd that they cost more than any other sheets I've ever owned, yet they are the only ones that have ripped.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR, I understand.  I do think LLBean would like to know.  Probably water under the bridge now but mention it if you get to their store.  This is the first time I’ve heard this and they do have a good guarantee.

If you come across any great percale, let us know.  Always on the lookout.  I occasionally find a good set at Homesense (I am in Canada).  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered a set of percale sheets from Vermont Country store.  Anxious to see what they are like.  Just can't beat percale sheets!  I remember Mom (who would be 106 by now) teaching me that percale was the best  and nothing less than 180 tc.  In those days they made them in lower tc, too.

Respected Contributor

The Vermont Country Store is also having an offer of free shipping on orders of $65.00 and over, I think until the end of May.

Also try The Company Store website.  Also I think EVINE carries percale sheets.

The best sheets I have EVER had were Northern Nights Tuxedo Stripe cotton sateen that I purchased from QVC about 16 years ago.  They lasted for over 10 years.  They were thick and luxurious.  But not now, the NN brand has really gone downhill. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I just ordered a set of percale sheets from Vermont Country store.  Anxious to see what they are like.  Just can't beat percale sheets!  I remember Mom (who would be 106 by now) teaching me that percale was the best  and nothing less than 180 tc.  In those days they made them in lower tc, too.

@Patriot3, How do you like your new sheets?  I see that VCS has lots and lots of styles and at least two thread counts to choose from, maybe more.  I got tired of reading each one.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I recently sent about a dozen odd top sheets to the Union Mission; pillow cases and fitted sheets had long worn out, so these were just taking up space in the linen drawer.   Some of the favorite sheets still had a tag on them and surprisingly they were muslin.   I loved the feel of those sheets, but never realized they were muslin until I dropped them in the bag to go out of here.