Honored Contributor

Re: PHOEBE HOWARD DOES A TEXAS FARMHOUSE

That's one of the things that appeals to me about it too, @onlyshopsonline.  In past decades, I've actually liked white and gray in certain applications, but now that they have become such a relentless go-to, especially in farmhouse and rustic styles, they are too predictable.  

When people over-use anything, it is in danger of becoming a cliche.  I'm now actually suprised and kind of thrilled, whenever encountering a farmhouse look that has color! 

Respected Contributor

It’s pretty.

Just not seeing the “farmhouse” aspect...

Perhaps in the kitchen with the black and white

or

in the bedroom with the the twin spindle beds

or

perhaps the two ladderback chairs by the fireplace...

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

Lovely home.  Rather than a farmhouse, this reminds me very much of my bff’s home near the beach in Coronado.  The ambience is calming, relaxing.  I’m always very comfortable there and would be, too, in the farmhouse.  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell you are right ...this designer is most talented

Respected Contributor

i love everything about it.  i could move right in and not have to change a single thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

This just isn't my style.  However, I do really like the combo dining room/sitting room w/ the rattan sofa.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

very nicely done, and very homey. I love the kitchen and the bedspread in the last picture! It reminds me of my Grandmother...

Honored Contributor

Inviting, clean, fresh, and airy. Nicely done for sure.

Honored Contributor

I waft between a victorian and a frank lloyd wright. Lol. I guess a farm house to me needs to be a bit more eclectic.  I hated the bedroom in the Farmhouse photo, and do NOT like the pink and blue combos.  Reminds me of the 1980's revival of country . I had a shop back then, from 1987 to 1996 and if I see another pink and blue combo I cant bare it, lol. But some of the rooms I found very soothing.  I was very disappointed in the kitchen.  It was sterile.  But loved the cabinets and the layout.  Jmho which isnt worth much but to me, lol

Honored Contributor

I dont like the couches and/or chairs in the blue and peach room....Love the kitchen.....and the bedrooms are nice...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”