Respected Contributor

Re: Over the Door Organizers

I don't care for them.

Respected Contributor

It also damages the molding on the door frame if you do try to close it.

Honored Contributor

Alternate Uses For An Over The Door Shoe Organizer Organized. garage design ideas. minecraft design ideas. landscaping design ideas. shirt design ideas.

@Mominohio

I have a door organizer similar to this.  It does not fit over the door but is attached to the back of the door (walk-in closet) about 3 or 4" from the top.  It does not interfere with closing/opening the door and stores quite a bit of stuff.  Mine has 24 clear pockets.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I think I have some type of over-the-door organizer on every swinging door in my house except the front door.  The all fit and operate fine except for the one on one bathroom door.  I had to get on a ladder and adjust that one.  Sometimes just moving them an inch or so is all it takes.  I love the Oragami shoe rack from HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I bought this "jewelry scroll" from HSN and I have it on the back of my closet door.  I have my costume jewelry necklaces displayed on it.  It fits fine, but you would have to check the door width.  When I had an electrician going into my closet, I moved it to the guest room and in that room I guess the door is slightly smaller and it covered the knob.  The idea of this is that you could roll it up if needed.  The item # is 457-779.  I like it because it is bigger than other organizers and I can access my jewelry easily.

the-ultimate-jewelry-scroll-by-donna-walsh-d-2017020912451428~457779_alt8.jpg 

Valued Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Alternate Uses For An Over The Door Shoe Organizer Organized. garage design ideas. minecraft design ideas. landscaping design ideas. shirt design ideas.

@Mominohio

I have a door organizer similar to this.  It does not fit over the door but is attached to the back of the door (walk-in closet) about 3 or 4" from the top.  It does not interfere with closing/opening the door and stores quite a bit of stuff.  Mine has 24 clear pockets.

My mother used one of these as an organizer in her "senior" apartment.  Kept bills, envelopes, stamps, everything in it and she could see what was in each pocket.  Worked quite well!!

Honored Contributor

We went to the Container Store a week ago. I bought an over the door organizer. It hooks onto the door at the top and bottom. So it fits securely. And you buy the different sized containers. There are numerous configurations that you can make.

I like it. It cleaned up much that was on the counter.

My husband liked it so much we went back to the Container Store and bought one for the bedroom door.

Honored Contributor

I have a few over-the-door coat racks. I couldn't get by without them. I have a smaller one in my linen closet where I hang my hair tools. 

Honored Contributor

I have one on the inside of our closet door.  It drives DH nuts!

Honored Contributor

I have been looking at the OTD jewelry armoire. H*SN had one as a TS but thought it was too big for me. Still looking-----