Honored Contributor

I am looking for 'something' holiday/Christmas/winter to leave outdoor on a small concrete bench in my landscape that is lighted.  That area does not get a lot of sun, if it did I would put solar lights in that area to illuminate the tree, or what ever I end up with.

I have looked at trees, I would need no taller than 2.5' tall. I would be putting the tree inside a planter for additional height and use some bricks to weigh it down for wind during the winter.

What I looked at was battery operated, which does not give off a bright light or I could plug in but was trying to avoid running a cord across the front porch...but will if that is what I have to do.

Can anyone offer other suggestions. other than a tree, that gives off decent light? I stopped at my landscape center last week but they did not offer anything.

I want something that makes a statement but the size cannot be very big.  Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

What came to my mind is Balsam Hill.   They have  a lot of lighted outdoor decor.  Of course this company is pricey but I have one of their Christmas trees and a few seasonal wreaths.  They are of the utmost quality and have lasted for years.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal   Thanks, I will take a look.  Usually I don't decorate outside, midwest winters and things just don't stay put but I have new landscaping this year and have a perfect spot for 'something'.

Honored Contributor

Big Lots has Christmas "lighted" decorations

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

hmm - Maybe instead of a tree in a pot, a statue. Not sure how much wind you get but you might not have to weigh it down if it's heavy enough. I'm picturing a bird or woodland animal or an angel. You could then aim a spotlight on it from a distance. Check Lowes online for ideas/options/prices. hth

Respected Contributor

You're in the Midwest?  Have you checked Lowe's Menards or Home Depot.

Online Zulily has a lot of nice idea's, search Plow and Hearth

cute puppy with a lighted butterfly on his nose (solar)

Or

Plow and Hearth directly, great idea's for a bench.

Wayfair?

You'll know it when you see it that will be the perfect piece.

Respected Contributor

Look at Sam's Club......

Esteemed Contributor

Most solar items sold lately do not require sunlight but just light.  I have solar lights and they may not get direct sunlight for several days.  Light is sufficient. 

Try a solar item in that area and check it out.  Works for me.

Respected Contributor

LTD Commodities has a ton.

Grandin Road

Honored Contributor

I have been looking on line at the suggestions.  I have found some really nice things.  Thank you