Super Contributor

Re: Our home feels too comfortable.

In the process of purging my closet, AGAIN ! When I did it last year I thought there is no way I have ANYTHING left in here that I don't want . And just the other day took three plastic garbage bags full of clothes to our church charity bin !

I need to start clearing out each room but have to do it when hubby isn't around, lol..

He is a bit of a hoarder and has a hard time parting with ANYTHING !

Honored Contributor

On 5/21/2014 NanaS said:

In the process of purging my closet, AGAIN ! When I did it last year I thought there is no way I have ANYTHING left in here that I don't want . And just the other day took three plastic garbage bags full of clothes to our church charity bin !

I need to start clearing out each room but have to do it when hubby isn't around, lol..

He is a bit of a hoarder and has a hard time parting with ANYTHING !

You're singing to the choir. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

On 5/21/2014 Sooner said:
On 5/20/2014 jlkz said: Happy Housewife and others, rather than go through the annual expense and process of lining shelves with paper, why not just get thin towels and fold over. You can take them with you and toss in the washer to clean. Makes life simpler: no more ruler and scissors!!!!

We had someone who lined our drawers and the cabinets with vinyl flooring. In a few places he used the tiles and cut them, in some places he used the sheet kind. It is great! It stays down and you wipe it clean. It is especially wonderful under the sinks.

What a great idea!

Valued Contributor

I have been doing some major de-cluttering. I am gathering items to take to a local auction house. That way, I'll get a little money and not have to deal with a yard sale in my rural area. I also have a lot of my mother's things to deal with after she passed so I will also be taking those things to the auction.

I am so frustrated with the clutter---much harder to clean the house and I spend so much time looking for things. I am pretty organized but I have too much stuff to organize.

Another major reason --after cleaning out houses for my uncle, my parents, my first set of in-laws, (and will have to do more in the future)---I don't want my son to have to do very much at my house when the time comes.