Trusted Contributor

Wow that looks great!  Good work.

We have wood paneling in our basement too.  Will have to keep in mind what you did to give it a fresh new look!

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 

@catter70 

Glad you like the colors. The color scheme I decided to use is what is upstairs in my foyer, living, dining, kitchen, and hallway. I debated trying something different, but in the end I stuck with what I knew I already had & liked. The olive is an accent color in my foyer and beneath the chair rail in my dining room. The cream wall color looks a bit darker downstairs because there’s less natural light. 

Honored Contributor

Great!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wilma. That sounds like a lot of work but it appears you did a very professional-looking job.  Fingers crossed that you get no more flooding.

@Kachina624 

Thanks. Fingers crossed here too. 

Ironically, we are under a flood advisory tonight. Where I live is very prone to flooding. We debated putting down water resistant flooring instead of carpeting, but after research discovered that if we had flooding like before, any flooring would have to be removed. Sometimes the planks can be removed, disinfected, dried, and put back down, but no guarantees. In the end we chose carpet because it makes the space more comfy and inviting IMO. As in most aspects of life, you deal with whatever happens. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a big job it must have been!! It looks terrific, and I love the green and cream colors!

Respected Contributor

Wow - job well done!  What are your plans for the beautiful new area?

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

Wow - job well done!  What are your plans for the beautiful new area?

@FastDogWalker2 

Thanks for the compliment. 

The pictures I posted are one end of the basement. The basement runs the length of our ranch house so it’s a huge space. The space will return to previous use just with some different furnishings since we lost all our soft and upholstered furniture in the flood. 

The pictures I posted will be my space for exercising, reading, jigsaw puzzles, crafts, etc. I will also display some of my collectibles and antiques. The opposite end not pictured will be DH’s movie and gaming area. Part of the space will be our home office. There is also an alcove area for a bar with barstools or a small table with chairs, but we never had anything there before. We may buy something in the future for that spot. 

Honored Contributor

Here’s a photo of opposite end. We moved the desk to the center and covered it so we could work around it. Way too large & heavy to move to the unfinished side of our basement. The desk has a hutch with shelves that we managed to move. Will have to put that back on the desk after the desk is in its place. 

IMG_0907.jpg

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

Congratulations on a job well done!

What a difference all your hard work accomplished.  Much nicer & lighter.

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Honored Contributor

You are far more motivated than I am. Great job.