Honored Contributor

Are the Origami racks from HSN as easy to put together as they sound like they are?  I'm thinking about getting 488-018, the Large Heavy Duty Rack With 1000 lb. Capacity for my garage.  I have some things I'd like to put on shelves and have very little shelving out there.  I would like to be able to set it up by myself.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

They absolutely are that easy.   I have the one that you are referring to and also a shoe rack.  Love both of em!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Thank you @cancun08!  That's so good to know.  I think I'll order it then.  What color do you have?  I'm thinking of the vintage bronze or sage green, although it doesn't really matter for the garage.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Yes, the only trouble I have had is getting them out of the box. I have purchased the 2 pack and when they are delivered they are heavy but I have been able to drag them in the house and get them out of the box myself. Once out it is a matter of just putting the wheels on, which is easy. I love mine. I now have 4 of the big racks, 1 smaller rack and 2 book shelves. 

Honored Contributor

I have two red ones in my laundry room.  Two white ones in closets for purses.  They are very easy to set up.  

Trusted Contributor

I have the black.  I don't think that you will regret it.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Frequent Contributor

I have 4 origami. Two are 488-018 in red. They are the easiest thing to put together, I live alone and had no problem at all. The hardest thing is to pull them out of the box! trying not to destroy it, in case of having to return, which never happened to me. They are easy, no tools needed and they are sturdy, I have one in my pantry and one in my storage room. The smaller ones I have I use in my closet for my shoes and hand bags. They are worth every penny.

Honored Contributor

Re: Origami Racks From HSN

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased the one from HSN (white) that has the drawers in it.

I love it.  I put it in the bedroom and keep clothes and lots of microfibre cloths (I was my face with them). 

The drawers slide so easily.  It's simple and uncomplicated.  That's what I like about it.

My friend put it together while I was in rehab but it only took her a minute or two she said.  Didn't need any tools.

Origami 5-Drawer Kitchen Cart with Wooden Top

Respected Contributor

I have one in my tiny dining room....it's like a step ladder.  It literally was like opening and locking a stepladder to set it up....no pieces.  I have it in a corner with my pottery collection on the shelves...it looks great.  I used a 20% discount coupon and got free shipping when I ordered it, too!!!

I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I was all set to order it because of the positive feedback.  The EDD is when I will be out of town.  I am disappointed, but will order it when I get back.

-Henry David Thoreau