Trusted Contributor

Re: Ordering Farmhouse Distressed Furniture on Line?

I ordered my dining room chairs from overstock and I'm very pleased. I went to the big furniture capital in hickory N.C. But Chairs where 3 times as expensive and not as nice as OS.

Before purchasing from OS I did read  reviews and did a lot of research. I can say what I saw on their website was what I received.  This was 3 years ago so I assume they still have good quality.

My dining chairs are white and have just a touch of distressing because I didn't want a lot. Their website showed a touch and I received what was shown, which is not always the case when ordering online other places. 

My chairs are solid wood also. Good luck and hope you fine what you are looking for.

Honored Contributor

My favorite furniture company is Bramble Co.  I have many pieces.

All built from mahogony, no partical board or other by products.

They have planted over a million and a half trees so they aren't just ravaging forests, they give back.

They don't use toxic chemicals for paint or finishes. 

You can choose how much distressing you desire and many different colors to pick from.  Also many different style such as farmhouse, french provincial, etc.

It's all custom made to your preference.  

I order my pieces through a boutique that deals with them directly, but have ordered a side board and our master bath vanity from Houzz. 

I believe I seen the pieces online at places like Wayfair and Ballard Design.

Regular Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My favorite furniture company is Bramble Co.  I have many pieces.

All built from mahogony, no partical board or other by products.

They have planted over a million and a half trees so they aren't just ravaging forests, they give back.

They don't use toxic chemicals for paint or finishes. 

You can choose how much distressing you desire and many different colors to pick from.  Also many different style such as farmhouse, french provincial, etc.

It's all custom made to your preference.  

I order my pieces through a boutique that deals with them directly, but have ordered a side board and our master bath vanity from Houzz. 

I believe I seen the pieces online at places like Wayfair and Ballard Design.

I'm another fan of the Bramble furniture line. I have a large cabinet in my bathroom that I use as a linen closet and another in my dining room to hold table cloths, placemats, etc. I bought one from a local store and the other from Overstock.

Trusted Contributor

Almost all of my furniture was ordered online.  No, I didn't see it up close and personal, but I did go out to some stores to get a sense of what I wanted.  I worked with a decorator who gets a discount with many, many companies.  Once I selected what I wanted, she put the order through.  I have beautiful, well made furniture that will last forever.  I was amazed that I saw a very famous actor with the same coffee and end tables I have in my living room.  Mine weren't cheap, but they weren't over the top either. I also have ordered things on my own from Wayfair (rug and headboard), Pottery Barn and several other companies.  Satisfied with it all.  If you know a local decorator, you might want to see if you can work through him or her. 

Honored Contributor

I can say I've had good luck with the Home Depot's Home Decorator site. They have some really nice rugs and furniture. I've also gotten some nice things from Overstock.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I ordered a beautiful distressed chest for my entry from Wayfair and I have been so happy with it.