Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered the Beekman wool balls

@Starliteshine wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

I use both Beekman and Nellie's dryer balls. I've bought the cheaper ones from Walmart and noticed a difference. Even though most are New Zealand wool, they are still made in China. For whatever reason, Nellie's or Beekman dryer balls don't make noise in my dryer. The cheaper balls sound like my dryer is being beat up. I use 6 balls because I wash and dry very large loads. Balls last about 3 years. The cheaper balls lasted about 6 months and left lint on my clothes. This is one product I splurge and buy the better brands. You get what you pay for. 

I had a totally different experience with "cheaper balls."  As I said in my earlier post, mine came from Amazon....100% New Zealand wool (no fillers). 6 for around $10.  They are just under 3 inches each.  I've used only 2 of them...the same 2....for over 6 months, and get excellent results.  Fluffy clothes and towels, no lint.

It's good you found the more expensive brands work well for you....but my experience attests that a lower priced product can also give excellent  results. 

Glad the cheaper balls are working out well for you, @alicedee. I didn't have the same experience and that's okay. It's great to have many different choices. 

You are so right, @Starliteshine ...having lots of choices is a good thing.  I'm glad more and more people have stopped using fabric softener sheets and use dryer balls instead.  Everything I've read says the sheets leave a coating in your dryer that can damage it, and then there are the chemicals that get on your skin.  I was thrilled to realize the balls actually work!  

Honored Contributor

Well.......I guess if you want to spend double/triple  for that item----I bought the very same thing, WITHOUT a brand name from AMZ for under $10---got 6 of them and free shipping---already had the scent--this was about 3 years ago and they are still doing their job---I use Nellies washing   soap too and they sell 4 wooly balls  under that brand name for $25----I always check prices for stuff like this----I 

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Well.......I guess if you want to spend double/triple  for that item----I bought the very same thing, WITHOUT a brand name from AMZ for under $10---got 6 of them and free shipping---already had the scent--this was about 3 years ago and they are still doing their job---I use Nellies washing   soap too and they sell 4 wooly balls  under that brand name for $25----I always check prices for stuff like this----I 

I ordered some Nellies laundry soap from Macy's!!!!! Who knew? HSN had sold out..been using Nellie's for years! Woman Happy