Respected Contributor

My town sends residents a calendar showing trash and recycing schedule,  school holidays, days property taxes are due, phone numbers for police, fire, animal control, etc. Useful to have around.  I don't care what it looks like.

I keep a small calendar in my purse.  I get these in Michael's or the Dollar Tree.

Valued Contributor

I buy one from amazon every year.  No fancy photos, instead where the photos would normally be is a blank page with lines that I use to make notes, reminders, and stuff during the month.  There is also room in the squares of the date page to make additional notes.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize 2018 calendars were available yet.  I guess they're the 16 month calendars.  I buy my planner around October each year.  I buy a Paperblanks weekly planner.  It has an address book in the back that you can remove and transfer to the next year.  I like that I don't have to copy phone #'s each year.  I also use my phone calendar, too.  I like to have that with me all the time and keep my other one at home.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I buy two wall calendars every year--the Metropolitan Opera and Edward Gorey. I don't write anything on them.

Appointments and the like are written in a small planner.

Honored Contributor

Why are you buying next years calenders in July?

Honored Contributor

I actually miss not getting calenders in the mail ,like we use to get.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever ordered from the Current catalog? I ordered some wrapping paper from them via Amazon so I'm on their mailing list now.

They have the cutest hangers for wall calendars, the elaborate ones have a bottom shelf for hanging keys. I want one of these. They sell their own calendars to fit, I don't know if they fit other wall calendars.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Lang calandars are always so pretty, but I've really reached the pinnacle in the tech world and can actually use the one on my desktop email program now - mastered that a few years ago.  Don't get too excited for me, though, I still don't use the calendar on my smarter-than-me iPhone - still keep/use a paper calendar booklet in my purse. Woman Wink  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Has anyone ever ordered from the Current catalog? I ordered some wrapping paper from them via Amazon so I'm on their mailing list now.

They have the cutest hangers for wall calendars, the elaborate ones have a bottom shelf for hanging keys. I want one of these. They sell their own calendars to fit, I don't know if they fit other wall calendars.

@Greeneyedlady21  I used to order a ton of stuff from Current.  Their pricing used to be based on the amount of items purchased so a friend and I would often combine orders to get the lowest price.  We bought lots of notecards, memo pads, wrappping paper, greeting cards, cutesy c*rap.  I used to get our personal checks and matching return address labels from them too.  I know I did my part to keep their doors open during the 80's and part of the 90's.  I didn't know they were still in business.

Do you like either of these?  They're from Colorful Images.  First one is bronze, the second is black.  $22.99

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch The Current ones are similar in design.

Now they have free gifts based upon how much you purchase. I better recycle that catalog, it could be very dangerous. Christmas catalog already. I was looking for flat all occasion paper on Amazon and that's how I found the Current paper. I can't find flat wrapping paper in stores anymore. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"