Honored Contributor

Re: Orange Rooms? 👍 or 👎🏻

I love bold colors in my home and while I lean towards red, I wouldn’t rule out orange.   

Respected Contributor

@wilma   Oh thank you for posting the 1st pic!  That room is just so cozy & warm looking.. I am going to use some of the ideas. I am so tired of gray...

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I agree, the first pic is very welcoming & tasteful.  I love it all.  However, to me I'm not sure about the "orange".  To me, it's more of a muted orange, not as vibrant as I would have thought it to be.  I see some coral tones & neutrals mixed in.  I wouldn't mind living there at all

The 2nd pic, I see as mid-century mod.  That wall pattern is awful.  If it weren't for that & was replaced with a different pattern it would be nicer.

Also, replace those white "block" things & I'd change the sofa color to a neutral.  

Thank you for posting. 

Honored Contributor

The first photo is actually very nice.  The second photo is for a maniac.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We just finished one of our quarantine projects of painting our half bath. We picked a lovely very pale peach color. OMG it is sooooo pretty! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

When we bought our current house, orange was a predominant color.  Orange tile backsplash in the kitchen, orange walls in the living room and dining room and hideous orange balloon valances in the family room.  It all had to go when we moved in.

However, at my beach house I have accents of coral everywhere with the main colors being grey and aquamarine.

Honored Contributor

I probably would paint the room a different color.  Over-all it is a very inviting, warm, and comfortable looking room. 

Respected Contributor

Orange reminds me of the 1970s.  What were we thinking at the time ?  

Orange and avocado green formica counertops  !?!??

Its funny how tastes change. I wonder in 20 years if all the granite and quartz people are ordering today will look "dated" ??

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Orange reminds me of the 1970s.  What were we thinking at the time ?  

Orange and avocado green formica counertops  !?!??

Its funny how tastes change. I wonder in 20 years if all the granite and quartz people are ordering today will look "dated" ??

I'm in the minority, but I already think they look cookie-cutter. When I replace my counters it'll be with a nice laminate. I can do it without breaking the bank, it's durable, great looking and with what I save I can do something else or can replace them again down the road with far less angst and far less cost... An individual choice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I love the color, warm, can be strong or soft.  Part of the Colonial Williamsburg authentic colors.citrus living room paint colors

Forget the color of the year and choose these timeless paints ...

@Bhvbum 

Thanks for posting more orange rooms.