Esteemed Contributor

Re: Orange Rooms? 👍 or 👎🏻

I like the first picture. I remember the orange carpet and furniture from the 60's...YUK.....LOL

Honored Contributor

I love the first room.  It has all the elements I like, and the orange is not bright or jarring.  I could move right in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@wilma   When I bought my condo every wall on the first level was some form of orange.  The kitchen was the color of the chair in the forefront of the picture.  The carpet in the living room, dining room, hallway was a peach color.  It was kind of pretty but dirty.  I bought the condo anyway because you can repaint.  The first thing I did was have the whole condo painted white.  Then I painted everything in my color palette.  

Honored Contributor

The 1st room is very tastefully done. I like it very much! The 2nd room however is overdone, and too much! I do really like the color Orange and would certainly incorporate it into my decor.....It is a very strong color so small doses only for me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

If you like it you are probably  Texas, Oklahoma State, Vandy, or some orange clad athletic team fan.  And we all know about them. . . Woman Wink

@Sooner  Uh... Vanderbilt's colors are black and gold... I know this not because I have any particular affinity for the school but I do like that color combination, as my high school colors were similar... There are many schools that identify with the color orange and I actually went to one of them, but Vanderbilt is not among them... Just saying...

As for orange rooms, it depends on the room... My kitchen is, in fact, a subdued shade of orange combined with grey and off-white. It looks very nice. I also love burnt orange... As for the two rooms pictured, I think the first is lovely, the second is, however, not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you like it you are probably  Texas, Oklahoma State, Vandy, or some orange clad athletic team fan.  And we all know about them. . . Woman Wink

No Notre Dame fan living in Texas would have ANY orange in their home! @Sooner LOL  I do like the first room but just no.  Heart 

Esteemed Contributor

My eyes hurt.

Honored Contributor

When I was a teenager I did my room in peach and orange....but grew tired of it...and now I only use it in decor for autumn decorating---pumpkins, leaves, gourds etc....

I like the first room.  But don't care for the second room which reminds me of something out of the Jetsons...

the_jetsons_living_room__by_puffinstudios_ddvg7ck-fullview.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Bhvbum  my kitchen is very close to this color and I love it.  Makes me happy.

Respected Contributor

i LOVE the first room.    the second one hurts my eyes.