Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinions please on this situation (friends & new home decor)

@PurpleBunny, I started laughing once i read the OP lol. Frasier Episode

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@PurpleBunny, I started laughing once i read the OP lol. Frasier Episode

@PurpleBunny

I told friend #1 about that she said "so I'm supposed to be thrilled HER house (#2) is going to be in a design magazine!"

Dear Lord give me strength to bite my tongue -- I find it funny she on the other hand did not!!!!

Bottom line: don't think friend #1 is never going to see any humor in

this mess!!!!

and now for sure Friend #2 will continue to do whatever she wants...good thing she's my casual friend🙂Cuz I don't see this getting any better!

So glad I'm home "no drama" except my frustration of why does Q need to spend hours on a TSV grill....lol😉

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think it's odd when a "friend" copies another "friends" look down to the exact items in the exact same place. Same thing when a person begins to buy the same clothing and dress the same way. I mean, yes, it's a compliment but to take it that extreme is odd. Yep, to me it is.

If this happened to me, I would not take sides despite the fact I think it's off. And I would pay attention to the person who copies others...as that behavior strikes me as odd. Beyond that...it's NONE of my business.

Esteemed Contributor

A REAL friend doesn't try to compete or one-up the other. If she admired her decor THAT much, she should've told her and asked permission to do her home exactly the same way.

Real friends don't compete with each other - I find that VERY unattractive and off-putting.  YUCK.

Unfortunately a lot of women are like that........Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

I think  the lady that copied her friend just really like it, maybe your friend should feel like it was a compliment.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

It just would not matter to me. Knowing me I might say this couch looks something like mine.

Super Contributor

One of my friends did that to me.  She would come into my house and really look around telling me how much she loved my decorating.  She would often say she got good ideas when she came to my house.

Problem was she NEVER invited me to her house.  She posted on Facebook a couple weeks ago a couple pictures.  It was then that I saw how much of my houes that she had copied.

I guess I was more upset that she did it so secretly . 

Honored Contributor

@bichon mom

you girls must know each other - she's a bichon lover (I assume by your name) - that's exactly what she's so mad about - the secret way she did it!

at this point it doesn't matter my friend decided to move -- she didn't like the place she just bought🙄

we went house hunting and found a beautiful home (single family) vs. the condo she just moved to. 

She sold it in 3 days -- furniture included!!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@bichon mom

you girls must know each other - she's a bichon lover (I assume by your name) - that's exactly what she's so mad about - the secret way she did it!

at this point it doesn't matter my friend decided to move -- she didn't like the place she just bought🙄

we went house hunting and found a beautiful home (single family) vs. the condo she just moved to. 

She sold it in 3 days -- furniture included!!!!

Ha! Now that's revenge!

Respected Contributor

I would be upset if someone copied my decor.  My home is very personal, and if I saw someone else had the exact same things as me, it would bother me. 

It's just so weird that someone would want to copy someone else's home.  Friend #2 handled it very wrong from the beginning.