Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I did a google search as well and many advise putting the item in the dryer, without washing it, to kill any possible bugs or their eggs. I think that might be a reasonable compromise which would ease my mind a bit. 😊

They can’t survive extreme heat or extreme cold, Sotheby’s dryer should do it. 

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I did a google search as well and many advise putting the item in the dryer, without washing it, to kill any possible bugs or their eggs. I think that might be a reasonable compromise which would ease my mind a bit. 😊

They can’t survive extreme heat or extreme cold,  The dryer should do it. 

Respected Contributor

Don’t buy it is my first thought.

I am surprised you think a laudramat is clean.

This clean thing people have can be a bit too much sometimes. To each his own.

🙂 But, if you love it, want it, and feel the need to clean it right away then do so. Whatever you are comfortable with and makes you happy, that is what is important.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

Re: Opinions Please

[ Edited ]

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Don’t buy it is my first thought.

I am surprised you think a laudramat is clean.

This clean thing people have can be a bit too much sometimes. To each his own.

🙂 But, if you love it, want it, and feel the need to clean it right away then do so. Whatever you are comfortable with and makes you happy, that is what is important.

This is my philosophy. 

"This clean thing", people worry about things like this so much, and really don't realize everything they are exposed to if they go out and about in the world.  We are surrounded by mircroscopic things that, if we saw them we would go screaming from the room.  Thank goodness we can't see them.

I go to a public gym and there are wipes available to wipe down the weight machines before and/or after you use them.  I appreciate seeing people do this, if they perspire on the machine or something like that. There is one woman, though, who fanatically and meticulously wipes down an entire machine before use and then puts this wipe on top of the machine (which probably is dirty and dusty).  She spends so much time doing this, more time than she actually spends doing the excercise.  But, if it makes her feel safer, that's fine.