Super Contributor

Opinion re: Footboards for beds

Hi ALL,

I need to purchase a new bed and I was wondering your opinions regarding footboards...yay or nay.  I have NEVER owned a bed with a footboard piece (yes - always headboard piece).  Now that I'm looking at beds - it seems that ones with BOTH headboards & footboards seem to have a more "put-together" look.  What do you think? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion re: Footboards for beds

We just kicked this subject around a couple days ago.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/Footboard-or-no-footboard/m-p/4552181#M132031

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you have plenty of room in your bedroom I would go for both, the bed does look more finished. with a foot board. IMO That being said, I got rid of my beds with foot boards when we moved to a smaller house.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MsCatLuver We've had a footboard all our married lives, 47 years.  While I love the look, I would opt for no footboard.  Making the bed/changing the sheets would be so much easier, IMO.  

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone on here has pretty much convinced me no footboard. I think changing sheets would be to hard.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a footboard.  "My room" at my parents house had a bed with a footboard.   

I don't have a prefernce one way or the other.  BUT ... a footboard does look nice.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624   Sorry for the redundant topic,,,,THANK YOU!

Super Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@MsCatLuver We've had a footboard all our married lives, 47 years.  While I love the look, I would opt for no footboard.  Making the bed would be so much easier, IMO.  

That was my husband's opinion too @coffee drinker  Thanks

Respected Contributor

We have had a bed with footboard as long as we have been married.  About four years ago we purchased a much needed new bedroom suit.  The bed had a footboard.  My husband and I both regret it.  I do think a bed looks much prettier and more finished without the footboard.  I also think they would be easier to change sheets and make the bed everyday, so I vote no footboard!

Super Contributor

Thanks for ALL of the helpful responses.  I think I will take the "practical" choice and opt out (for ease of changing sheets and comforters)