Respected Contributor

Re: Open, Airy Living Room...

The loveseat looks out of place with the dark wood and color.. A great patterned rug would really make a difference. 

Honored Contributor

I love the door and windows, the wall color, and the off white sofa and chair.

I don't care for the yellow at all. It is harsh and hard on the eyes IMO.

I would rearrange the furniture, change the color of all that's yellow and orange to a pale blue or sage, and add a pretty area rug.

I love the throw pillow color.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb ........The proportions of the furniture look all wrong to me.  It's not good when I have to struggle to figure out a room. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I really like the fact the room is not stuffed full of furniture and accent pieces.  Not a fan of the furniture style or the yellow.

Honored Contributor

The room itself is nice and spacious.  I do like the furniture but there needs to be more warmth and color.  I would have a rug with colors in it and a different piece of art work.  I would add art work also.

Honored Contributor

I love the windows and doors, but the way the room is decorated doesn't appeal to me. I don't mind yellow, but there's no warmth in the space. Other than the sofa, I don't care for the furnishings or accessories. Perhaps a rug, curtains, and a few more accessories and artwork would make the room look more finished and inviting. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Mostly traditional elements but still a somewhat transitional vibe mostly owing, I think to the bare floor, lamp and art...

image03.jpg

This room has the potential to be a beautiful room, but as someone else mentioned, it's kind of a "mish-mash."