Honored Contributor

Re: Only about four months till Christmas in July!

On 4/7/2015 luvpoos said:

Well then, I could start decorating early, we still have about four foot mounds of snow around here. Winter is not over yet where we live. I don't even want to think about Christmas, we don't even have Spring weather yet.

My heart goes out to those of you in the northeast who had such a horrible winter. Ohio was bad this year, but nothing like you all got in your area. If I were you, I wouldn't care if Christmas (or anything that even reminds of winter) didn't roll around again for a decade!!

Hope you get spring soon!

Regular Contributor

I like CIJ! Have never understood people who complain about it. Just don't watch those days!

Valued Contributor

For those of you who are critical of the OP bringing up CIJ in March, some people are looking even further ahead: I couldn't sleep last night so I am watching the Hallmark Channel in the middle of the night and up pops a graphic advertising their Countdown to Christmas movie marathon, which begins November1!!!! LOLOLOL :-D
Honored Contributor

you can have YOUR Christmas any day of the month, any month of the year. Just open up your pocketbook and spend away honey.

But please leave this one ALONE. Are you out of your mind??!!

Trusted Contributor

On 4/7/2015 pink dogwood said:

you can have YOUR Christmas any day of the month, any month of the year. Just open up your pocketbook and spend away honey.

We're mostly talking about the Home Decor offerings on CIJ, not the spending of money on gifts. Every year, QVC offers it's newest Christmas Decor products during CIJ, and it's a good way to get a jump on your home decor for the season. The best items sell out quickly. The point is to make our homes look warm and beautiful for friends, family, and ourselves. We're not reveling in a capitalistic exploitation of the holiday. If that's your approach to Christmas, you're doing it wrong.

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2015 PeterDM said:
On 4/7/2015 pink dogwood said:

We're mostly talking about the Home Decor offerings on CIJ, not the spending of money on gifts. Every year, QVC offers it's newest Christmas Decor products during CIJ, and it's a good way to get a jump on your home decor for the season. The best items sell out quickly. The point is to make our homes look warm and beautiful for friends, family, and ourselves. We're not reveling in a capitalistic exploitation of the holiday. If that's your approach to Christmas, you're doing it wrong.

Don't quite understand pink dogwood's post. You don't like the commercialization of Christmas? Or you don't like CIJ?

I do understand people who get burned out on Christmas, as the retailers start so early, but in reality, you only have to be subjected to as much as you want, you can ignore it unless you work in retail and have to deal with it for work. Just because something in all over the stores, doesn't mean you have to take it all in. I go into stores all the time, that carry things I have no use for or interest in, and I just walk on by. I don't even notice them after awhile, and proceed to the things I do care to shop for. Why is Christmas merchandise or shows any different?

And I've never really understood, that the holiday, whether you see it as religious or secular, that is celebrated with goodwill, joy, giving, and all the 'good' things, makes people so darn angry and put off. Especially CIJ. It is a couple of days, mid summer, when people who do enjoy it get a break from the endless beauty, fashion, jewelry, shoes and handbags, to look at pretty things for the home and for gifts for their friends and family. It really isn't such a horrible thing.

Super Contributor

Stop, I don't want to even think about it.

Super Contributor

On 4/6/2015 lucymo said:
On 4/6/2015 Kzeks said:

I usually have all my Christmas shopping done by October..

Hi Kzeks, I'm with you. I shop all year and need to be finished with gifts so I can spend November and December decorating and cooking for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I also need to have my gifts posted by the 15th October, to Europe...

Respected Contributor

On 4/7/2015 mewsmomtoo said: For those of you who are critical of the OP bringing up CIJ in March, some people are looking even further ahead: I couldn't sleep last night so I am watching the Hallmark Channel in the middle of the night and up pops a graphic advertising their Countdown to Christmas movie marathon, which begins November1!!!! LOLOLOL :-D

Seriously?? That's too funny!

Respected Contributor

I started shopping for next Christmas last January/February. Nordstrom has incredible sales, so I got a robe for my niece that was 40% off.