Honored Contributor

Re: One Household Job You Hate.

Not a particular fan of any household jobs, but cleaning the woodwork and walls would probably be what I dislike the most.

Laundry - meh.  It's the folding and putting away that's a nuisance.

Oh yeah - and I hate changing the bedding, but that's because my RA makes it difficult.

Honored Contributor

Washing windows, inside and outside. Hate it but I love how they look afterwards! 

Honored Contributor

You know what? I was looking up roombas-my neighbors have one. They seemed so complicated and they said it has a mind of it's own.

Anyway look what I found! These automatic rolling balls that vacuum!Automatic Rolling Ball Electric Cleaner Mocoro Mini Sweeping Robot

Automatic Rolling Ball Electric Cleaner Mocoro Mini Sweeping Robot

$11.95

I ordered them. So neat. We'll see but my grandkids will at least have fun "helping" grandma vacuum!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cleaning the bathroom. Everything about it. I do love a clean bathroom, but I absolutely hate cleaning it, especially the shower.
If I designed a bathroom, it would be like the urban self cleaning things, with a drain in the floor. Spray it, clean it, and squeegy into a drain.

Voila!

I have to say I used to hate lugging the vaccuum up the stairs, but my cordless Dyson is great for cleaning the stairs

Did I mention that I hate cleaning the bathroom? lol

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay   Our cats would go crazy with them.

Honored Contributor

Cleaning the tiled shower and vacuuming then washing my endless white tile floors. Getting miles of grout clean. Tile and grout, grout and tile.

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Changing out the cat litter boxes and cleaning them. My babies love clean boxes and as my DH and I always say, its all about them in our house, jokingly but true!

Honored Contributor

ALL of it!  DH and I always halved all of the house work before children.  After children with work, I got the house cleaned or I wouldn't have had any free time.  We still get it cleaned; he's glad to have his days to putter,

Valued Contributor

Washing windows ...tough to get them streak free. !  Just when you think you finished ....a streak appears !

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

Only one?  Not a fan of any of them!  But, vacuuming the carpeted stairs is the worst.  Love my shark vacuum, but it is so heavy and awkward doing the stairway.  

@LdyBugz - I don't know what kind of Shark vacuum you have, but mine is a Lift-Away.

For the longest time, I would do the stairs while balancing that entire, heavy vacuum along with me.  Then one day I thought "It's a Lift-Away.  Why am I not using it like that?"

Ever since then, I simply disconnect the small "body" of the vacuum, use the stair attachment (mine is the pet version) and do the stairs that way.  It's so much easier that I kick myself for not doing it sooner.

@Venezia  Thanks for the tip!  Unfortunately, I don't have a lift-away model.  I think I might look into getting one though.  It's just getting harder and harder using the model I have.  There have been so many times I almost fell down the stairs trying to balance the monster!