Honored Contributor

Re: One Household Job You Hate.

[ Edited ]

Don't really like any of them, but scrubbing floors on my hands and knees is my least favorite. I usually use a mop, but once in awhile old fashioned scrubbing is needed. My husband helps me, but he's older than I am. Just really hard on our backs and knees as we age. I also dislike cleaning the unfinished side of the basement and the garage, even though it doesn't really need to be done that often. 

Super Contributor

I have 2: emptying the dishwasher and changing bed linens. Sometimes I will simply plop the pile of clean linens on the bed and throw the top sheet over me at that night, until the next day when I can summon the drive to completely make the bed.

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Toilets. I have two grandson's, 4 and 7. Need I say more???

@cjm61    I'm in the same boat...three young granddaughters.  For some reason they like to "giggle" on the potty.  😊.  I have replaced the pins (bolts) many times.  

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Cleaning the tub and the slider glass doors. UGH

I do have a squiggy that I use after every shower but somehow there is always soap gack on the doors.Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

Number One is bathrooms.   Hate them!   I have three and sometime wish they would go away.   

Respected Contributor

Hate is such a harsh word, but I don't mind using it in this case.  I  HATE it all!  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Mopping the floors. Hard on me physically.

Respected Contributor

I hate ALL of them. That's why I have a service twice a month.

Honored Contributor

Cats.

Anything pertaining to cats.  Two of them.

My life would be so much easier.  My house would be so much cleaner.

Sad, but true.

As soon as I come out of the bedroom, I must feed them. 

While they are eating I wash their dishes and give them fresh water. 

They immediately use the Litter Robot, so then I run the Roomba in their area upstairs. 

I have to vacuum the stairs leading up to their rooms.

I have to use the lint roller on the pestemals thrown over the couch or wash 9 pestemals instead.  About every 3 days.

This is all within minutes of waking up.

I have to take about 5 rubber backed bathmats up to 5 feet long to the laundromat about once a week that they step on after exiting the Litter Robot.

I run the downstairs Roomba every day in the summer.

Plus I vacuum, plus I wash the floors, both once a week.  They aren't allowed in every room (not 3 bedrooms or both bathrooms).

Again, to answer your question, Cats.

Respected Contributor

When we moved to our current home which is very large 10 years ago, I told my DH that it was too much to clean on my own.  So we hired cleaners to come every other week.  Then we bought a beach house and at first I cleaned it myself but who wants to clean when you are on vacation so  we hired a neighbor who has a cleaning business to clean it as needed.  

So the only chores I have is laundry, washing dishes, loading/unloading the dishwasher, cleaning the fridge and taking out the trash.  None of them I really mind that much but if I had to pick I'd say washing dishes.