Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I'm going to step back and let the rest of you fight over this house.😄

Living in the land of 10,000 lakes, I have way higher expectations for a "water view". Doesn't anyone else get swamp vibes?

Absolutely, my first thought was swamp land.  No thanks

Respected Contributor

@stevieb , love the house.  That spot with the stone patio should be screened in.  Although this is not my idea of lovely waterfront, this would be very interesting to watch wildlife.  These bogs are an important part of the ecosystem keeping bodies of water clean.  LM

Super Contributor

Re: On the Inlet...

[ Edited ]

I rather like the marsh view.  Waterfowl and wildlife would be abundant.  I'm sure I would worry about an alligator encounter so I'd not be sitting at that outdoor table.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@stevieb 

Love the house and the view BUT I would gut it and decorate my way.

@mspatmac... I'd probably pass on the house and the view but do agree that if this place were mine, I'd start over with very different decor... This is all just a bit too modern and sterile for my liking...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: On the Inlet...

[ Edited ]

Though it wouldn't appear cost was a significant factor, this home appears to be near North Carolina's Outer Banks and so one has to assume that by building near the sound rather than actually on the Atlantic, costs were more contained. It could also be the homeowners wanted to be near the ocean without actually being on the ocean. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's lovely.   Being an inlet you may not have as many bugs as you would think.  At least the water does tend to move some so it's really not like a swamp that stands still.

It would be perfect for kayaking and depending where it's located I don't think crocodiles would actually be an issue.   I could live there Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Not my favorite furnishings or water view. The windows, patio, and staircase are nice. The bedroom is ok.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for the environment , not something I would live near.  The house is nice but I would have to empty it and decorate to my taste, this is too modern for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok now that's stunning all of it. LOVE ❤️ 

Respected Contributor

Even though it;s nice to look out and see that view, it looks like it's on a marsh which means bugs, a lot of them.  And unless there is anothe side of the property, it doesn't look like there i boat access either.  It's pretty and I wouldn't turn it down if given to me but I wouldn't want to be on water property without boat access and not a marsh.  I think the decor is pretty too.